Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin Bluetooth USB Adapter

Options
  • 12-05-2005 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭

I got the device last week in Argos.
    Has anyone had any problems with the software that comes with the device? I tried installing it on my laptop, but it said it had an error with the license after i installed it. This is what it said:

"bluetooth software licence: your bluetooth software licence does not include use with this bluetooth device [6]."

Does anyone know how i can get rid of the problem? :(
    The device seems to be working fine, but the laptop the laptop cant find the device when its plugged in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Yeah, I've got one and I've seen the same problem.

The licence thing is a red herring - it really means the laptop can't see the hardware. Try removing it and re-inserting it - the little bluetooth icon in the system tray should change from red to white indicating it can see the adapter.

It can be quite tempremental.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Thanks for the advice! :) I dont have the device with me at the mo, but i will try it later. Thanks again! :)

I tried what u said to do last night Tom but it didnt work. :(

It had the following Symptoms:
    1. Right-clicking the Bluetooth icon in the system tray show's only "Start Bluetooth Device" and "Bluetooth device not found"
    2. Bluetooth Configuration control panel applet doesn't do anything when launched

The Problem:
    Windows prefers signed drivers when they are available. My Belkin BT dongle was recognizable to Windows XP, so Windows installed the built-in, digitally signed drivers regardless of how many times I tried to uninstall and reinstall the Belkin software.

Solution:
    1. In Device Manager, right-click the "Belkin Bluetooth Adapter" and select "Update driver"
    2. Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" -> Next
    3. Select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install" -> Next
    4. There should be two options: "Belkin Bluetooth Adapter" and "Belkin Bluetooth Device". "Belkin Bluetooth Device" is not digitally signed. Select it and click Next
    Voila. After this, everything worked for me. ;)

Well i suppose that should help someone in the future with the same problem. Didnt find the solution myself tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

I think the problem i had with the same usb bluetooth dongle VER 1 was that with XP SP2 there is a zero config ...in other words the software and drivers you get from belkin conflict with windows defualt drivers for bluetooth ????? i think this is what was wrong with my one but i have noticed that they have a second edition of this dongle out now , so dont my word for it ...?????

Ya mine is the second version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

I had some issues with a belkin adapter before on win xp sp2.
    I had to download a firmware upgrade from www.belkin.com
    might be worth a shot

Advertisement