Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norton Antivirus wont display

Options
  • 12-05-2005 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hey y'all,

A friend of mine gave me his computer cos he thinks there is a virus on it. He doesnt know why he just tinks there is! - have to laugh when ppl tell me this. Anyways, he had viruschaser installed even though he has a copy of Norton Antivirus 2004 that came with the computer but was not installed.
    I uninstalled the virus chaser and installed norton. When it was finished installing it did not come up with the activation box like normal but just had the icon in the system tray.
    When i right click on that i get the menu to open, configure & disable, like normal. If i pick open or double click on it - nothing happens - no window appears. The configure option will bring up the configuration window.

I uninstalled twice and reinstalled.

Anyone ever hear of this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Just install the free AVG. It's several times better than Norton.

Also get Antispyware Beta from the mircosoft site. Well worth a look.

Advertisement