Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAV 2005 and ICS

Options
  • 12-05-2005 4:21pm

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I tried to search and it didn't work.

Anyway, I've spotted that if I share an internet connection using Windows 2000/XP Internet Connection Sharing (ICS), and the host PC is running Norton AntiVirus 2005, the Internet Worm Protection feature of NAV blocks the DHCP server from functioning. This prevents the client PCs from obtaining an IP address and et voila - no internet access.

Is there any way I can configure a rule for IWP to allow DHCP to work? Up to now I've just turned IWP off, but today I got two calls from customers who said their internet was dead again... I looked and IWP was back on (they probably enabled it since Norton was nagging because it was off).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Have never used it but can you tell it not to monitor port 67 & 68?

Advertisement