Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car charger for Laptop???

• 12-05-2005 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Prob a stupid question but is there such thing as an in car charger for a Laptop. It's a Dell Inspiron 9100....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 dfitz1

I'm thinkin of buying an Inspiron 6000 for work so I'd like to hear the answer to this. I hope we're not both stupid!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

not a stupid q....
    http://www.laptopbits.co.uk/Database_files/Dell_Car_Chargers.htm
    set you back £70 or so though!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

Ouch pricey enuf, still cud be worth it for long drives i suppose.... Ta v much :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

NoWaffle are carrying them for €55 excl. P&P. Browse to Laptops/Laptop A/C adapters. They're in Firhouse, Dublin 24.

Fierce handy for construction site visits, nice one lads :)

• Advertisement

Mains Invertor 12V 150W UK model
    Provides portable mains power on the move. The unit plugs simply into your cigar socket in your car, boat or caravan, providing 240v mains electricity to power or charge your notebook, camcorder etc.

150W model is ideal for newer laptops. PRICE DROP

Price each £39+VAT

G12-015A

Price each
    £45.83
    Qty required

Seems as though a mains invertor does the job for Pentium4 machines

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Mapli stores carry a few different types of these so that might be worth checking. MAke sure you check compatibility as some output 75 W and some 90W

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

http://lindelectronics.com/cgi-bin/store/shop.cgi/!ORDERID!/aaa/DE2035A-259/dbx_gen_detail_product

I have this one that I never use for sale if any one wants it €40
    NOt sure about compatibility with Latitude 9100 or 6000 though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

maplins have a sale on them at the moment the are doing them for 39.99 but im not sure about this i think they maybe down to 29.99 ...not sure but...they have them in both branchs ..

Advertisement