Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will laptop work in US?

Options
  • 12-05-2005 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭

A client of ours wants to know if a HP Compaq nc6000 laptop will work over in the States? I checked out the power adapter and it reads Input: 100-240v. Does that mean it'll adapt to whatever power input is used or will he need an adapter of some sort? I know he'll at least need a european 3-pin to US 2-pin adapter. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

aaf wrote:
    Does that mean it'll adapt to whatever power input is used ...?

Short answer: Yes. It will work in America.

Longer answer: The American electrical system uses a voltage of 110. The adapter with the laptop works with voltages from 100 to 240. So, yes - it will work without needing a different voltage adapter. All you'll need (as you already know) is the plug adaptor to convert to the American two prong plug, and you should be able to get that for about a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Bard wrote:
    Short answer: Yes. It will work in America.

Longer answer: The American electrical system uses a voltage of 110. The adapter with the laptop works with voltages from 100 to 240. So, yes - it will work without needing a different voltage adapter. All you'll need (as you already know) is the plug adaptor to convert to the American two prong plug, and you should be able to get that for about a fiver.
    Christ, that was quick! Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

He's a quick one..... from what I hear.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I just happened to be online at the time with nothing better to do than browse boards.ie for a couple of hours.

It happens - but not very often.

You're welcome.

Advertisement