Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rakti - lockinge Newbury saturday

Options
  • 12-05-2005 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭

One of the best bets of the year in my opinion. Currently 4/1 in places, dont have a betfair account, but to me, he is the only proven group 1 performer in this field. And if he doesnt act up in the stalls, he should prove too good for the lockinge field. 4/1 is a huge price. I think he will start closer to 2s.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Morgans

I had my maximum bet on it. Rakti into 7/2 with sporting odds now. That’ll teach ‘em. All he has to do now is win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Don't forget he has to put a couple of rather disappointing runs behind him, I'm always wary of this particular factor when it comes to backing horses. I'd be worried about Elvstroem to be honest...chic and tarfah are quality animals too, the latter being somewhat of a dark horse.

Chic withdrawn because of the ground. Rakti now 3/1. Totesport are going 9/4. Still has to win but i would gladly take 4/1 about Rakti beating Tarfah. Two disappointing runs were in the far east at the end of last season, after a busy autumn. irish champion stakes and the QE11 within a week or two of each other. The only proven group 1 performer in the field. The australian horse is unknown to a degree, but I would much prefer to support a horse with form in Europe than those abroad. Rakti fine record first time out, will love the fast ground. Biggest danger is himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Tony P tbh!!!11

He may be a loony-toon nutcase, but Antonius Pius has shown on occasion that he does have great talent. In what is a very weak-in-depth Group 1, I'll be having a nibble of 6/1, in the hope that they've further learned how to deal with and ride the horse.

If antonius pius fulfills his promise he looks to be a genuine group 1 horse, definitely on his breeders cup form, but he has lost easier opportunities that this, and at an each way price, he has to be respected. Fallon may be able to bully him into submission. Couldnt trust the horse, not that Rakti is all that straightforward, but probably has proven more on the racetrack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Ive received word for Antonius pius, but im still a bit skecthy on him, il wait and see how the market/ground goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Rakti has got to be the one in this race. For those who think Fallon is the man to get the best out of Antonius Pius have a look back to September last at Ascot, fallon rode him, he finished 9th of 11 beaten 17 lengths by Rakti, so on that form he has a awful lot to make up.

The draw and where they race will be critical to AP's chances. If he is drawn wide or if they race down the centre of the track - which is where Russian Rhythm and Hawk Wing came to win hte last two lockinges, AP will see a lot more daylight that he would want. If he is drawn wide, he will have to come through the pack, as he will not want to stay wide throughout. Rakti is the one proven group 1 performer in the field. The rest are hoping.

Rakti close to 2/1 now, some 9/4 available. Whether he wins or loses it was a value bet. Won a couple of quid last night and backed Rakti again this morning at 3s with vcbet.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

i've backed Antonius Pius - there is a bit of word for him.

all the money going onto Ratki though - tipped by Pricewise this morning so I'm glad I backed Anto Pius e/w.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

arakan e.w. with first time mickey joe on board (i think) for me

One of the best bets of the year in my opinion. Currently 4/1 in places, dont have a betfair account, but to me, he is the only proven group 1 performer in this field. And if he doesnt act up in the stalls, he should prove too good for the lockinge field. 4/1 is a huge price. I think he will start closer to 2s.

Bets like todays dont come around too often. Delighted to say that Ive never won more money on any race. I hope some of the forum's readers might have backed him also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

Morgans wrote:
    Bets like todays dont come around too often. Delighted to say that Ive never won more money on any race. I hope some of the forum's readers might have backed him also.

yup, hopped on this a few days ago after seeing your post.. although didn't risk tooo much.. nonetheless, a nice little earner, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

well done morgans. Anto Pius = donkey!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Had some on him too. Thanks for the tip man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

well im glad to say i got absolutely pissed on friday woke up at around 2:55pm sat, rolled over, turned on the telly and saw Rakti being led in! Needless to say i didnt have a penny on anything in the race, well done to any1 who backed it, hard luck to any one who mite have took my advice, i apologise but you will be re-payed in due course!! if not feel free to geld me.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

Yeah thanks for the tip. I have him on a 50euro double with motivator who's going the begining of June. I stand to make a fortune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Congrats Morgans...

Could any1 tell me how easily(or not) he won it?

Different class.

Led after a furlong, shaken up 1 1/2fs out, pulled clear to win in a separate parish.

Advertisement