Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RMA to Germany which courier?

Options
  • 12-05-2005 9:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi I've got to RMA a motherboard to Germany and I'm wondering what is the best courier (by best I mean cheapest).
    The Mobo came in a consignment along with a coolermaster Stacker, amoung other things and cost a mere 25 to ship the lot.
    I priced the parcel with SDS yesterday and the 3.25kg parcel would cost 37euro to ship, complete rip off.

Any better ideas?
    GLS, interlink, (dare i say it DHL)?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Thats not bad for a 3/4 day service. Parcel post from Germany is often cheap but can take up to 2 weeks. And remember that the shipping costs that companies charge aren't always the actual costs (unless its Komplett or Amazon ;-) )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

SDS, normally offer an Economy service, but only to the UK.

That €37 is the best you'll find. www.postvan.com/ie do it for €43, that's within 3 day.

So SDS are the best.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

Well I've rang around and Interlink will do a 3day for 23euro.
    Very good and i've always got good service when they've delivered to me.
    So we've got a winner!
    Thanks to everyone who replied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

Hey Grimlock,

Just wondering where you bought the mobo/HSF from???

I got it from comtech.de why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

any problems with comptech.de? They have gud prices.

I know they've good prices...that's why I bought from them :D

Nope no probs, apart from the mobo but that was not their fault.
    Obviously shipping it back to them is a headache but I still saved a fortune over what my machine would have cost if I had bought it in town.

Just sorry I didn't buy the DFI LANParty NF4-DR first instead of a replacement for the ASUS A8N Deleux.
    Oh well you live you learn!

PS from what I can gather from their site lay out and stock, comtech are the same as jes.de just cheaper?! Go figure! Hope that helps.

delivery was quick and they'll generally rply to any e-mail with a couple of hours. I've no compaints. HTH :cool:

Advertisement