Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

references

Options
  • 11-05-2005 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

anyone noted any sorta little hidden references in lost? like in the episode that
    reveals charlie's past, his girlfriend mentions that her dad's off buying some paper company in slough, wernham hogg from bbc's the office? :D also the more obvious similarity between driveshaft and oasis.
    Anyone spot any others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

sionnach wrote:
    his girlfriend mentions that her dad's off buying some paper company in slough, wernham hogg from bbc's the office? :D
    Yeah.. i think JJ Abrams said that it was a little dedication to Ricky Gervais. Probably due to the fact JJ has been working with Ricky Gervais a fair bit recently. Firstly on 'Alias' and next on 'M:I 3'.

I noticed a couple of things but i'd have to trawl back through that 400 post thread to remind myself.

Another more obvious reference
    is in Hurley's episode, he was told by his accountant that he became a lead shareholder (or something like that) in the box company Locke works for.

Also,
    when Walt beats Hurley at the game (is it Backgammon?!) and Hurley goes to walk away. Walt says something like "you owe me $10,000!' to which Hurley replies "you'll get it!" (or something like that). And we later find out about Hurley winning the lottery.

Sorry for the haziness with quotes / situations but can't remember those little details that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

yeah the show is full of interconnectdness between the characters (
    did you also spot hurley on the tv in jin's flashback?
    ) but i was talking about little references to real life stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

A friend told me today that apparently in an episode of Alias they play "You all everybody" at a party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

steveland? wrote:
    A friend told me today that apparently in an episode of Alias they play "You all everybody" at a party

Yep, Ep 4x03 "The Awful Truth" - it's playing at Sydney's party in the episode. Very neat tie-in, I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

doh.ie wrote:
    Yep, Ep 4x03 "The Awful Truth" - it's playing at Sydney's party in the episode. Very neat tie-in, I thought.
    No-way!!... i'm very intrigued! :D

Note to self: Gotta get seasons 2 - 4 of 'Alias' - i've missed so much!! :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement