Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop fans

Options
  • 11-05-2005 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has a dell laptop about 2 or 3 years old. It desperately needs a fan replacement. After being used for a while, some parts of it are extremely hot on touch, nearly at a pain threshold. What kind of fans do laptop's take and how would I go about replacing it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

The fans used vary from machine to machine and some have as many as 3 different ones, so post the machine model number and which fan needs replacing, dell may have parts to replace with, but new ones wont be readily found online, and ebay etc are the best bet for used ones. Only a few laptops models will share the exact same part, so they are not universal like a PCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Model number as astec123 said.

You'll almost definitely source a fan from here though it'll probably cost you more than you'd like (the prices for the rubber bumpers are my personal favourite).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Advertisement