Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ide drive not showing up in windows

Options
  • 11-05-2005 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭

I have 2 sata drives in my rig which are working fine. Recently I got a new 180gb ide drive which i've added. It's on a seperate ide channel to the dvd drive and is set to master. It shows up in the BIOS and on startup but when I go to my computer in windows the drive isn't there. It shows up in device manager without any problems Any ideas?

BloodBath

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

what does computer management in the control panel say?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Computer management in control panel? What control panel do you have? Do you mean device manager? Like I said it shows up there.

BloodBath

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

BloodBath wrote:
    Computer management in control panel? What control panel do you have? Do you mean device manager? Like I said it shows up there.

BloodBath

Right click on my computer, go to manage and then when computer management pops up go to, disk management from there you can set it up

another way to reach it is Control panel -> Administrative tools -> computer management

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

sounds like you have to format the drive in the disk management bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Lol thanks. I knew it would be something stupidly simple. That's got it anyway. Thanks for the help.

BloodBath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

tbh, i installed a 200gb drive a couple of days ago and it took me about 30mins of pulling my hair out and checking the master/slave settings before i remembered the disk management bit :o Still fresh in my mind...tis always the small simple things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

BloodBath wrote:

BloodBath
    :)

sorry for not being clear,
    was rushing out,

glad it worked in the end :)

Advertisement