Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chip prices lowered again

Options
  • 11-05-2005 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

Prices have come down again - www.specialdays.ie

But this is probably where prices will stay for the forseeable future as China is revaluing their currency by 6-8% and the dollar is starting to strenghten. In addition the factory prices for September delivery (Christmas season in this trade) are the same as current prices.

examples - 500 11.5g sets €79, (web special) 500 9gram clay "vegas" numbered sets €129, 500 13.5g clay "suited" €119

On playing cards - I have been able to source Bicycle & WPT from a contact in USA thus not needing to buy from the overpriced UK distributor, (UK retail on Bicycle = £3.95 sterling!! WPT £5.95 sterling!!) so these will remain at €3.50 & €4.95 respectively for the forseeable future.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

as China is revaluing their currency by 6-8%

Eh not yet it's not unless you know something the Central Bank of China didn't know yesterday ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭OhPinchy

forgot to mention this last week when it happened, but after a long search in vain for KEM cards I ordered some WPT cards through special days.....I ordered them online at 2.30 and they were dropped in my letter box at 5pm the same day....now thats what I call service!

Am happy with the WPT cards though they are a little small. These chip prices sound pretty decent, better than what my girlfriend had to pay to get mine for me in some shop on kevin street, but I'm not in the market for chips but am interested to know what the general consensus on the best chips are - is it 11.5g, 13.5g or the 9.5g vegas chips that most people prefer.

I was gonna build a table but cos its cheap enough I might go with one of their 10 player tables for 199euro - does anyone have experience with these...are they sturdy or flimsy and how much space do they take up when folded up?

On the cards front:

I played a dodgy tournament in the Old Mill last week and the cards were really nice....the thief who was running the tournament said they were Diamond Club cards - anyone know what that is and how I can get my hands on some of these cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 boc123

OhPinchy wrote:
    I was gonna build a table but cos its cheap enough I might go with one of their 10 player tables for 199euro - does anyone have experience with these...are they sturdy or flimsy and how much space do they take up when folded up?

I bought one. They are very sturdy, a lot more than I thought they would be. The steel legs are quite deceiving in the picture, they are a lot stronger than they look. It folds up to about 3 feet but it is very heavy. If you are going to lift it for any distance you will need two people....Overall well worth it....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't suppose you sell the carry cases without the chips? I bought a 300 set and quickly realised that wasn't enough so bought an extra 200 chips, the crap thing is that now I have to lug 200 of them around in a bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

No better and cheaper place to buy your poker accessories than ebay.co.uk

Kem Cards,Tables,Chips and so forth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

No better and cheaper place to buy your poker accessories than ebay.co.uk

Kem Cards,Tables,Chips and so forth.

Maybe, but sometimes good to support fellahs who support boards with prizes etc.... if the price is there or thereabouts.

Loyalty is a two way street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I totally agree but i wasnt to know any board members were attached to specialbuys. I just thought people were looking for stuff they couldnt find so i suggested an alternative is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I know you were ... not a problem .... I was just pointing out the counter argument

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Seems I didn't read the retraction report issued a couple of hours later! -

BEIJING (Reuters) - China has not changed its currency policy, the central bank said on Wednesday, after financial markets were jolted by a report in the nation's top newspaper that predicted the yuan would be revalued next week.The People's Daily newspaper said on its online edition that a yuan appreciation of up to 8% would be announced, next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Think it was something to do with the translation as the report was already out for 4 days before they published it.

It will happen but more likely last quarter of this year and will be 5-7% is my guess.
    I know this will come back to haunt me 6 months down the road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement