Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conan and Jay nightly on CNBC

Options
  • 11-05-2005 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭

Does anyone watch these apart from me? Personally I think Conan is a comedy genius - though he can be a bit formulaic at times, his format certainly doesn't wane as quickly as ooo, say, Graham Norton's did after 5 nights a week.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

I thought they were only on on the weekends? I used to watch Jay every night on FTN I think, but he gets old, the novelty of watching an american show got boring. Conan however is a genius, his show deserves to be on a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Nice touch by cnbc, i like Conans show he is very funny but i have gone off Jay Leno somewhat, can still be funny but every film star he has on has a great movie even though it is crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

nightly?
    oooh, Conan O brien cracks me up
    Jay Leno i'm not too bothered about

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Times, people... gimme the times, please. Thanks. Love watching Conan slag off people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Afaik they're on around 8pm (maybe 9 cos I saw Jay Leno was still on at 10 last night)

I like Conan O'Brien, and Leno has his moments...

I find though the guests are never as funny as the monologues or the sketches but it's nice to see it on every night now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

10 I thought? Or at least, that's what time it was on when I was watching it... 10 for Jay...10:50-ish for Conan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Jay Leno is on at 10pm.
    Conan at 10.45.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

well done to the people on the digital spy forums who petitioned so heavily for it
    http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=161638 & http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=213808

an internet petition that actually worked :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I dont "get" O'Brien, Leno I do get but usually turn off as soon as he has to start smoozing guests...pity he can't stick to the topical comment and jokes.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Fair play to CNBC for doing it. Kind of a waste having the rights to show those shows and then show them at times like they used to. I hope they keep them up to date.

Sometimes on the show Conan mentions hes on at 12:30am in America. Is that true? Doesnt make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Is it Jay that has the little cards in front of his desk with the crazy newspaper ads that they found? Heh, I love that part of the show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Does anyone know how old the shows are compared to the US? Are we just a day behind or a week or what??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I was watching Conan last night and it said it was recorded 12th march or something, a bit stupid when they are talking about the 'latest movies', etc but I still watch it for Conans sketches.. the mans a genius..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Late Night With Conan O' Brien gave us the greatest 10 minutes of comedy ever seen on screen, Triumph the dog Vs Star Wars Nerds. I really hope they're there again for the Episode III premiere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

MrPinK wrote:
    Late Night With Conan O' Brien gave us the greatest 10 minutes of comedy ever seen on screen, Triumph the dog Vs Star Wars Nerds. I really hope they're there again for the Episode III premiere!

that's brilliant ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Oh God I saw that when it first came out and tried to tell people, how it crashed and burned.

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

The one thing i dont like about chorus is that we dont get cnbc! If we did i would be switching over just for those two shows, especailly Leno! Lived in the states for a whle he kicks ass!

Advertisement