Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undead => Evil dead + Braindead = Evilbrain?

Options
  • 11-05-2005 5:05pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I watched this one this morning having only seen the trailer. http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/undead/

This film was so funny it had that evil dead thing going on. it also had the aussie gore style of brain dead. You gota check this out a modern classic. Dont look for any oscar winning performances here just gore and humour. Bruce Camble couldent have done it better. CHeck out the trailer, mind you when I saw the trailer i dident think much one of those rare occasions when the film is better than the trailer implies.

Comments

I watched half of it last week and I wasn't very impressed. It was okay but I felt the reliance on swear words to fill dialogue was annoying.
    I must watch the end today.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Im sure they guy who played the cop had some laugh with his dialogue. What else would poeple say when presented with such a situation? The cop was funny though how he got all that out with out laughing his ass off I dont know. I must check if there were any extras on the DVD. Out takes could have been good.

I read that all the swearing was improvised, the script contained none what so ever.

Yeah i supose that would be too hard to put down to paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭acri

It looks pretty pants. Although that's a sweet gun she's wielding. Evil Dead is the best zombie-slasher ever. But the bit in Braindead where he's mowing down the zombies with the lawnmower was most entertaining.

• Advertisement

After watching all of it and I have to admit that it's not that bad. Some nice touches and homages to the B movies of old. While it's no Evil Dead or Braindead it's still entertaining and worth a watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Liked Undead, got if off Darko actually I believe, months and months ago.

Good film, kinda crossed the line between acceptable compromises of humour and gore in some places but overall an admirable effort, and a pretty refreshing one at that.

I'll be getting it on DVD for sure :)

Well its still a lot better than expected, good entertainment value in it. No Oscars for this as I said and its inteletuly value is out the window. Just a good fun zomie flick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

After watching all of it and I have to admit that it's not that bad. Some nice touches and homages to the B movies of old. While it's no Evil Dead or Braindead it's still entertaining and worth a watch.

Yeah it's definitely no Evil Dead! Shame on you for comparing it Spooky! Ah no, it's not a bad film, a little too much ****ty acting/writing (too much annoying Aussie shouting too, especially from the cop), but not bad for a first film. You can see the film improve as it goes on, so I guess it's one of those 'learning the craft' movies. Impressed by the special effects though, and did enjoy it on a level.

But what else could you compare it too. Its no evil dead but I cant think of any other movie dealing with the undead that had such comedy. It also had the gore of Braindead with the aussie feel and aliens. So they are the two closest comparisions I could think of at the time. It is certinally a very different film out on its on in some ways.
    I will be looking foward to these guys second movie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

But what else could you compare it too. Its no evil dead but I cant think of any other movie dealing with the undead that had such comedy. It also had the gore of Braindead with the aussie feel and aliens. So they are the two closest comparisions I could think of at the time. It is certinally a very different film out on its on in some ways.
    I will be looking foward to these guys second movie!

Not Evil Dead, but was similar to Braindead alright. I'm also looking forward to their second movie, for a first film it was good, and had great special effects.

I watched the film a second time with a gang of mates and they all enjoyed it, got a good laugh from it. Reconcidering it I supose its more like Shawn of the dead meets Brain dead. But that is my last deliberation on the subject.

Advertisement