Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc €500-€800 ?

Options
  • 11-05-2005 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I've some Poker winnings I'd like to invest in a PC (or laptop).

Don't need it for much else other than receive the odd e-mail, excel, word etc ....

Needs to be able to process the graphics quite quickly though... my present dinosaur laptop experiences a delay ... in that graphics can freeze for few seconds.

Don't really want to spend more than budget stated above.

Advice Welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Sneaky_Russian

Dell are doing laptops for €699

If is only Office/E-mail/Interenet you can't go wrong....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Thanks Sneaky ....

What do people think of buying from places like CompuStore V's Dell ?

Or is there another outlet. I checked out Gericom site that I think 'Referee' mentioned, can we buy direct from a German site?

(Excuse ignorance on the matter ... my first purchase, my existing dinosaur laptop was a hand-me-down)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

what ever you do DONT go with TINY thay are rubbish i sent back 2 computers because somthing melted and screwed up the mother board in one and the other smellt like burning plastic (not a good sign)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

i've got a nice laptop for sale

EDIT: oops no i dont , just sold it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

www.komplett.ie
    www.overclockers.co.uk
    www.jescomputer.de

All do ready builth systems (may need keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers).

You could go down the road of building a pc your self, it really isnt that hard.

What ever you do there's tons of advice here and more to come if requested.

Jozi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

In that price range dell is your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Culchie wrote:
    What do people think of buying from places like CompuStore V's Dell ?

If i had to pick 1 of them id go with Dell if only for the simple reason of price, i was trying to convince my woman to get that dell lappy for 699. You wont see a deal like that in Compustore or any other irish retai outlet IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 65,196 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The cheapest Dell laptops are under €700 but you get something bottom of the range for that. For €900 you get a decent laptop - much, much better value for money even if it's for basic use only

Advertisement