Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Island Theories *spoilers*

Options
  • 11-05-2005 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

Loadsa people have theories about what the island is and what the connections are between the characters.

The strongest connections are between
    Locke and the island and Walt and the island

So anyone have any theories they'd like to share here about what they think the island may be and what is happening in general :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

right i've seen up to episode 21 so don't read these if you haven't gotten very far
    ok very obvious paranormal theme behind everything. Walt definitely has some influence on animals, that spanish comic he was reading placed a lot of emphasis on a big nasty polar bear and whaddya know, polar bears are roaming the tropical island and one attacks him. Then theres the giveaway flashback scene where he's studying birds in a book and the bird he's studying flies into the window right beside him and kills itself. Locke, Hurley and Claire are also connected to paranormal activity. The whole thing has this bermuda triangle feel to it, the island has some strange power and after 21 episodes i'm still in the dark :( I can't wait to see what the black rock is like

[edit]
    oh and steve, i listened very carefully to the radio message boone got , imo they say "we're ALSO the survivors of flight 815", listen to it again and see if you can hear that too
    [/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

SPOILERS AHEAD BUT I'M NOT TAGGING IT. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

The closed captions in the US for the episode where Boone finds the radio in the plane cockpit said 'there were NO survivors of Flight 815' which lends some credence to the theory currently supported by my girlfriend, that they're all actually dead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The closed captions in the US for the episode where Boone finds the radio in the plane cockpit said 'there were NO survivors of Flight 815' which lends some credence to the theory currently supported by my girlfriend, that they're all actually dead :)
    Not this purgatory theory again!!

A) JJ and Damon have both ruled out that theory!

B) Any broadcast / recap on episodes since then have clearly outlined that the message on the radio is 'We're The Survivor's Of Flight 815'!

Possibly an screwup on closed captioning broadcast in the US!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

I hate that purgatory theory so much. Why does it keep coming up? Its been confirmed by about a dozen people that its not ture. Plus it doesnt make any sense. How would you write something like that into the show? That would have to be the biggest ripoff in history, how cheap would that be? Theres a promo for Exodus I think that recaps the plane thing, and its very clear the guy says "We're the survivors of flight 815".

Also, could we start doing something like putting "American Episodes" in thread titles so the people who have been watching the american eps and want to discuss them wont interfere with the people who've only watched the irish ones.i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Agreed... if everyone could just stick US or IRL or something in their topic titles that'd be handy...

If I feel the need (spoiler tags being emitted for US posts) I'll stick the country into the title

• Advertisement
Advertisement