Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing on Dial-Up?

Options
  • 11-05-2005 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Im moving into a new place soon and there is no broadband yet - first on the list. So, for a couple of weeks I will probably have to play on dial-up. Does anyone here use dial up? Whats it like, particularly for multi-tabling? Any negatives?
    Cheers
    -Cian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

I used to play on dial up. Never really had a problem, cant remember for def if i played multi table though. i didnt find it any slower though, although you wouldnt want to be checking out boards at the same time ;)

Cheers

cian (just though id mention the fact that we have have the same namesake)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

You should be ok on Party poker Cian and generally most other sites. I had serious problems on Absolute Poker and Bodog with Diall up. I only recently got a DSL router and its made a huge difference on those sites, but on Pokerstars or Party I never had any problems even 3 or 4 tabling. Should be fine as long as you link speed stay as good as 40k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

I've had no problems with dial-up on PPP and VC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

No major problems on PS or PPP.
    Couldn't get PP to work for me.
    The only real problem I've had is the odd freezing of the screen but after a few seconds it starts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Yeh,

I get that screen freeze quite regularily on PPP.

I can hear the cards being dealt and chips going in, but my screen may be froze from last hand, normally comes back in view when I get the reminder chime. Once in a while I'm folded as away from the table.

I know it's the delay on the dial up, but I don't get the same problem on Party, Stars, Ladbrokes or whatever, even though it tells me that connection may be poor.

Broadband roll-out is a f***ing joke.

Must be something to do with graphic configuration on PPP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Cheers lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Culchie wrote:
    Must be something to do with graphic configuration on PPP.

I think its more to do with the speed of the play. VC's action is pretty quick and the clock is very short. Bodog has the quickest play and the shortest clock and that's the one where I got most screen freezing. It takes time for the diall up to catch up with the action.

Advertisement