Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rendering & Spray Skim

Options
  • 11-05-2005 11:12am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads

Anyone have any thoughts of spray skimming a house and rendering outside??

Am considering it.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Spray skimming. Sounds to me like there will be a big cleanup operation after.

kadman :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Yop,

I haven't used the system, a plasterer who works for me was at a demonstration and the only fault he could find was they should have had a good plasterer doing the job.

His remark was serious, I think they were promoting the system as easy to use, his opinion was it is only good as the operator.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ok, so ye would not chance it then I take it?

Grand job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Yop,

The info is second hand but I trust the source, if your own plasterer is happy with the system then you should have no problem.

As I understand it, his point was it's not as user friendly as the people doing the demonstration were making out, as a system he was happy enough it does work and in the right hands it will speed up the job.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Pete

The lads who have it are big into external rendering, they are doing a mate of mines house, he had a plasterer to do the skim inside but let him down to do the external work, so had to get these lads to do the work for him.

He does not need to use them.

I reckon they should know their stuff, I can imagine though it would be messy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement