Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Night Live

Options
  • 10-05-2005 11:55pm

Anyone catching SNL on Paramount 2 (Sat @ 10pm). It's one of my favourite shows, although this and the previous few seasons have been dicey in parts. The head writer, Tina Fey, also wrote the teen film 'Mean Girls'. For those of you who haven't seen this movie, check it out; it's extremely well written, blending both comedy and satire. Believe me.

Back to SNL, last week Paris Hilton hosted - she wasn't bad, at least compared to the lead actor from 'Arrested Development' who hosted the previous week. Unfortunetly the show is cut down to a measily 45mins, leaving a lot of sketches, etc. out. But still, it's better than nothing. I especially like Weekend Update, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are muchos cool.

Catch the last ep's weekend news realplyer file here http://www.fallonfey.com/4-9-05.html
    It's a zip file at the top.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭Basq

..at least compared to the lead actor from 'Arrested Development' who hosted the previous week..
    Jason Bateman hosted?! Must try and catch that!
    ..Amy Poehler are muchos cool.
    Another 'Arrested Development' connection - married to Will Arnett (GOB in AD) both in the show and in real life!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I was living in the States for six months and watched SNL to see what all the fuss what about. Most of the sketches weren't very good. It normally depends on who's hosting it. Colin Farrell is good. I do agree though that Tina Fay and Amy Poehler are so funny when doing the weekly update. Especially watching them trying to keep a straight face when doing the gags. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Years ago when Will Ferrel, Adam Sandler and the likes were on it it was a classic show, consistenly funny, after the first Bush election it cooled off a bit mainly because alot of the actors moved on to movies and such and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

I remember the first time Paramount showed SNL they used to show new episodes as well as old classic ones. Do they still do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

thats the shows problem they have people coming in and out far too much so it is hard to keep it funny
    my fav sketches were the ladies man and also cowbell now that is one of the best sketches ever in any show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

This show should be on Paramount 1 ... so i can see one of my babies!!!!! I love this show! Anyway Paramount 1 is all about US viewing, this is american, its not only stand up so i would say a move to 1 would be a good idea! REplace Sex and the city or ally macbeal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭IDM

Don't watch it that regularly, but found a link to one of the funniest sketches I've seen on it recently:

http://www.milkandcookies.com/links/15575/

Good old Lindsay :p

Advertisement