Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Illegal Windows, is it a problem?

• 10-05-2005 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Can anyone help me? I bought a laptop in PC World last year. It has developed a fault, the DVD drive is dead and a slot for charging cable is not working properly I need wiggle the cable in order to have a battery charged. When I bought I had a Windows XP installed but they failed to give me a CD-rom with Windows. After a week Windows crashed so I got another one(not original). So my question is, if I send it to be fixed, will they take it away from for having illiegal Windows, or they impose a fine or something?Does anyone know how does it work in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Using an "illegal disk" does not matter as long as you have a valid license (afaik). The license would have been on a sticker underneath your laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its OK if the version of Windows you installed is the same as the version that the laptop's licence allows for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I doubt PC World would even bother checking if you're paying to have it fixed or it's under warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Kolargol wrote:
    After a week Windows crashed so I got another one(not original). So my question is, if I send it to be fixed, will they take it away from for having illiegal Windows, or they impose a fine or something?

Please tell me why you did not return the Laptop after a week when it broke?
    If you are using illegal software in the machine it is your responsibility that its there,not the shops.My suggesstion - wipe the HDD install a legal version and send it back.

Nukem

- Thread locked -

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement