Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heads Up - Poker Million

Options
  • 10-05-2005 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

Starts tonight, Sky Sports 1 10.30pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Straight after the MU/Chelsea game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Was watching it last night and couldn't believe that Helen Chamberlain won it! FFS what's the world coming to,
    A good looking bird who knows more about football then most blokes who can also play Poker. :eek:
    Time to get the slippers out me thinks.

Got to say, this 'celeb' poker doesn't do it for me .... roll on ActionJack and the internet qualifiers !!

I was disappointed in Phil Taylor and Matthew Stevens ...Stevens s'posed to have won 1/2 million in a full event before, maybe it was the way the program was edited.

Maybe it was having to sit near Helen Chamberlain ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

i only caught the last few minutes of it, that bird was one stupid bitch!

does anyone know if it's been repeated??

Ta

Each new heat/quarters/semis etc... is being aired at 10.30pm every Tuesday I think, with the final being broadcast live (August I think).

There was repeat at 2.30am straight away, and knowing Sky Sports, will repeat it constantly until next Tuesday's new heat.
    You missed nothing last night really, hopefully it will get better as the weaker players (who haven't a clue at all) are eliminated.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Ladbrokes On-Line legend ActionJack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 LordJimbo

I recorded it and I agree. She's a melon. Great jabs though. How often are they going to televise this muck?

Anyone see it last night?

Soccer AM Hells Bells won it again !
    Taking out Ram Vaswani, another Poker Pro (Robert Burnside) and three very successful on-line qualifiers on the way !

It was far better than last week, which was just a joke really.

Cheers Culchie.
    I taped it last night but becuase the soccer playoff went to peno's, I missed the end of it. :(
    She's not doing bad for a bird who only learnt it a couple of weeks ago.

• Advertisement

She made some outstanding calls last night.

Poor Ram Vaswani was out after only 5 or 6 hands or so.

She had pocket JJ (I think, maybe 10 10) , Ram had AQ ... he went all in on the flop of 9 7 2 (he had played a hand previously and lost 25% of chips and was steaming), and he went home fairly lively with his tail between his legs ... not a happy bunny.

There was a Swedish Internet qualifier, who apparently is a very high stakes player, he was chip leader half way through, lost a big pot with QK against an A9 all in, and he went on complete tilt. It was amazing to see, he completely lost it, and you could see him self destruct in front of your eyes...it was something else, and the others were actually laughing at him, he crumbled big time.

It makes for good TV, 2 hour program, with the usual commercial breaks, but that's enough time in a 6 seater STT to see most of the play, and you get a better feel for the tourney than the 'Late Night Poker' as that only shows key hands, because they cram about 3/4 hours play into 45 mins viewing time, so you miss alot of the 'feel' of the tourney.

Their on-screen graphics of the community cards are poor, but other than that, it's excellent ....recommended viewing !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

As far as I can tell there is a "Late Night Poker" fixation on televised poker in the UK. Have it in a quiet studio with Thomas Kremser looking on and no crowd. Give the players a dramatic walk on like it's some kind of contest between gladiators. Cards viewed through glass part of table and only show hole cards now and again.
    By now I was hoping someone in the UK might have watched and taken some tips from the World Poker Tour which is the best coverage imho.

Advertisement