Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can u mix PC2100 and PC3200 in a PC2100 motherboard

Options
  • 10-05-2005 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a gigabyte 7-Dxr+ motherboard and a stick of crucial 256mb PC2100 non-buffered memory. Was thinking bout buying another 256mb memory off of komplett. The pc2100 is €32 but the PC3200 is €23.50. Which do u think i should choose. My system only supports up to a 266 fsb. Obviously i know i wont ill have to restrict the new chip to 2100 aswell but will there be problems

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Should work fine (just at the lower frequency).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Yep. I've got a mixture of both in mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

twill be grand. But as the guys say, your PC3200 will be running @ 2100 speeds :(

oh, unless you are buying other stuff from Komplett, grab your RAM from www.shop4memory.co.uk

based in celbridge (despite the domain!) great to deal with, top quality stuff, free shipping and good prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Thanks lads...

@SouperComputer thanks for the heads up but funnily enough the only reason i'm buying ram is cause i want a gamepad from komplett at €13 and i don't fancy paying €10 postage just for that..so i said i'd buy something else i need too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It's actually www.shop4memory.com not .co.uk. And as another confirmation I've got mixed speed memory in my box too - it's worth getting anyway for your next upgrade - you'll already have some higher speed memory for the next board :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

oh, unless you are buying other stuff from Komplett, grab your RAM from www.shop4memory.com

based in celbridge (despite the domain!) great to deal with, top quality stuff, free shipping and good prices.

I second them pretty fast with delivery, ordered my on thursday had it by monday.

As for the mixing the memory you should be as the others say it will be clocked down to 2100 speeds and not running 3200

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

.com or .co.uk, no matter

they all come from Main St. Celbridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

That's odd - when I clicked on your link earlier I got a 404

No matter - they're good and cheap. I've collected from them the couple of times I've used them.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

.com or .co.uk, no matter

they all come from Main St. Celbridge

Yup. Another few aliases here and here.The company is actually called Go Beyond Ltd

I've been getting almost all of my memory from them for years. I usually collect (after making arrangements to do so - it's not a shop)

Advertisement