Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tournament in kilkenny

Options
  • 10-05-2005 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

There is a new NL Holdem Trouney in kilkenny Thursday May 19th

The following is the proposed structure..

1. O'Loughlins Geals Hurling Club
    2. Club Fund Raiser
    3. May 19th Thursday
    4. Reg 7:30 - 8:15. First Deal 8:30
    5. Club Membership Required 2e
    6. Tickets can be purchased on the night , but can be prebooked by sending mail to aidan_ohara@eircom.net or tel 086-2307279
    7. Nl Holdem Double Chance Freezout
    8. 50e with one 20e Topup or Rebuy
    9. No Reg Fee
    10. 75% of all Moneys into Prizes
    12. The topup rebuy is for the first hour only, only one topup or rebuy per person
    13. 2000
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts, the topup or rebuy will be 2000
    15. Blinds will start at 10-20
    16. 1st hour 30mins, then 20mins
    17. 10% of Players will be in the money

There will be one table sit and goes starting after the first hour

There will be a limit of about 120 for this first tournament.

Can i have any opinions on this proposed structure. I see it as lasting from 8:30 until 2:00

This tournament will run about every 6 weeks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

aidankk wrote:
    7. Nl Holdem Double Chance Freezout
    8. 50e with one 20e Topup or Rebuy
    How is a double chance also a rebuy or top-up tournament?
    Isn't a Double Chance tournament where you pay your entry fee and then get a portion of your chips at the start, and the rest later (if you wish) at no extra cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Aidan, isn't that the home club of Andy Comerford? Do you expect many hurlers to play in this... it would be good to rub shoulders with some decent hurlers for a change! (I've played all my hurling in Westmeath, so we're a little bit of that pace redface.gif).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

lafortezza wrote:
    How is a double chance also a rebuy or top-up tournament?
    Isn't a Double Chance tournament where you pay your entry fee and then get a portion of your chips at the start, and the rest later (if you wish) at no extra cost?

your right of course, i meant that there is only one rebuy OR topup allowed and you get the same value chips as the original buy in....

Aidan, isn't that the home club of Andy Comerford? Do you expect many hurlers to play in this... it would be good to rub shoulders with some decent hurlers for a change! (I've played all my hurling in Westmeath, so we're a little bit of that pace redface.gif).

We play a smaller tournament every week. And so far Neither Andy or Martin Comerford have been playing, but hopefully they will be available as it is directly after senior team training

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

aidankk wrote:
    10. 75% of all Moneys into Prizes

Where's the other 25% going? Not critising, just curious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Club Fund Raiser - right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Devil's Report Card:

Should pay more attention in class.

Where's the other 25% going? Not critising, just curious.

the 25% is going to support the Hurling Club, A large Hurling Club Like o'loughlins which is run on a voluntary basis, needs all the fundraising it can get...

Plus there are costs associated with setting up this first tourney... ie advertising on local radio and papers...

The % take will come down in future

Advertisement