Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision 2005

Options
  • 10-05-2005 8:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

It's getting closer...who will you be voting for? Why?
    Your own nation is automatically first, thus: Bosnia and Herzegovina...
    07_bosnia_7.jpg
    Call Me
    Combine two Bosnians with one Croatian who accepted Bosnian citizernship so she would be allowed to go to Eurovision, with a Swedish song and sing it in English, and you've got one of the strangest Bosnian entries ever. It's catchy - was much better in Bosnian. The meaning of the lyrics was changed completely, and the girls had much more confidence singing in Bosnian.

Here's the original Bosnian version if anyone is interested: Zovi. Even a direct English translation would've been better, I'm so irritated. :D *Call me, when your heart is hurting - Remember I am she who loves you - And I will live for you for years - Just call me, anytime of the night - I will come to you in that same moment - To, before you close your eyes, kiss your lips*

Why change it to "I used to think million hearts could never beat as one...I doubted that after stormy weather always comes the sun...I so happy to be'ere cuz it's da time of me life!" - Yes, we get it - we had a war. Everyone else has moved on, why can't Bosnian songwriters? Pandering for sympathy votes? Why not sing it dressed in tombstones...makes me sick.

1. France
    07_france_4.jpg
    Chacun Pense a Soi
    An angel's voice with just enough of a smoker's rasp to give you goosebumps; absolutely stunning lyrics; well-balanced song - awesome! Considering that she's Muslim - of Berber and Andalusian heritage - born in Israel, have performed with Jewish, Spanish, French, and Tunisian artists - she's the kind of woman I want representing my faith, so I'd love to see her life find success.

2. Israel
    07_israel_1.jpg
    Hasheket Shenish'ar
    It takes a lot to make Hebrew beautiful - she does it. Soaring, gorgeous voice.

3. Greece
    07_greece.jpg
    My Number One
    Short, jagged sentences that don't really flow together - but very attractive beat.

4. Russia
    07_russia_5.jpg
    Nobody Hurt No One
    A rock song that actually suits Eurovision. Her English is very good, and it's a nice song!

5. Spain
    07_spain_2.jpg
    Brujeria
    An annoyingly addictive song; the three-girl formula makes even this mess seem attractive.

Who are you all voting for? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The Links below are to the videos for the songs, and may not be kind to dial up. and they are from the official website, hence legit.

Norway - Wig Wam - In My Dreams

Dont think the Eurovision has seen the like before, and I'm so confident that they will do well i have a score on them at paddypower.com to win Just think a rock song in the eurovision.

Estonia - Suntribe - Lets Get Loud

Very catchy, very Girls Aloud and its an eastern european country so it has a good chance,

Latvia - Walters and Kaztha - The War is Not Over

I liked this song. Not lively enough to win, but then neither was "Rock and Roll Kids." If this got its fair share of airplay it could do well in the charts.

Malta - Chiara - Angel

I picked Lisa Andreaas to win the eurovision last year because I liked its easy going melody. This would be the 2005 equivelent in that its an easy listening song which in my opinion at least deserves a high position in the final.

Songs I hope Never see the light of day again after the Eurovision

Ukraine - Greenjolly - Razom Nas Bahato

An anthem of the recent Orange Revoloution in the Ukraine, Judging by the song, it would seem that Ukraine have no intentions of hosting the contest next year.

Bosnia Hertzegovina - Feminem - Call Me

Edit: Have to say I did not like this song, but then i think the irish song is terrible also, Last years Bosnia Hertzogovina song " In the Disco" was a bit better in my opinion.

on average there were more good songs last year, but the few good songs this year are really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

I just dont know why Ireland doesnt enter its real music hero.....

This guy is ALL about the music!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭v10

We didn't qualify !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I could be cruel and say.. we were one of the "worst looking" entries there. The Eurovision is all about T*TS & ASS according to one guy on the radio today and ya know what.. Im inclined to agree after watching that!

Our fella looked like Tintin, and while the Irish girl can sing, she looks like she has a tooth missing. Insensitive maybe, but did ya see the calibre of looks that the other countries put up?

Good song.. but we didnt have sex appeal!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ireland were dirt, dirt song and dirt performance

ireland don't want to win it. plain and simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I feel sorry for them, they gave a confident performance but I'm not sure they really fitted in. I'm glad that a few really unusual groups got through, I loved Switzerland and Maldova.. the rocking Granny was fantastic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

So we didn't get in then?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Stimpyone wrote:
    So we didn't get in then?
    nope, and we didn't deserve too, in fact none of them did all lip-synched from what i saw

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭obried26

Did anyone see the Isreal entry in the semi's?! Holy god, this is one of the hottest women on the planet! http://www.eurovision.tv/english/israel.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭AllStar

u could never trust an israeli woman after dana international!!!!

• Advertisement

obried26 wrote:
    Did anyone see the Isreal entry in the semi's?! Holy god, this is one of the hottest women on the planet! http://www.eurovision.tv/english/israel.htm

Careful now.. We all know what happened last time someone shouted that out. We'll have a check and see how broad her shoulders are before speaking this time lol :D

Dana International, what a sexy beast http://www.pfc.org.uk/graphic/photo/dana-3.jpg :D

All kinds of everything my good man........(couldn't resist!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 doomsdayjeezuz

its yermans fault, the big ginger head on him and he leppin around the stage, feckin ponce! ah no i'm only messin, Latvia deserved to get in in my oppinion, glad they got the last one!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,571 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The Irish entrants were common as muck and ugly as f***.
    Youre a Star should now be scrapped as it is a farce.
    Every year of its existance the Eurovision song has deteriorated.
    Pathetic reflection on the state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

whens it on? saturday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Its not the Eurovision of 10 years ago or 30 years ago, theres a total shift of taste in an Eastern direction to where the majority of voters live. Yes having a good arse is definitely a very important thing it seems but its not just that either. There are artists singing who are famous in that part of the world, big names but we've never heard of them. The UK might have voted for us but they weren't in the semi-final and so weren't watching. I don't think the failure is anything to do with You're a Star. Do you think Linda Martin or Niamh Kavanagh would have made it out of last nights semi-final, you must be joking. Ok Ireland we were good at one thing, it was something we could dominate, France had rugby, Brazil had soccer, we had Eurovision but friends those days are gone, we need to move on and find some new niche to dominate, i was thinking maybe of bog snorkelling. We would be covered up in wet suits and snorkel masks so looks wouldn't really matter and this country is full of boggers, any volunteers........

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

I WOULDNT say no to a night in a room with the lot of them!lol
    they make the irish entry look like a pair of dogs...ruff ruff! :eek:

Advertisement