Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

general computer problem

Options
  • 10-05-2005 6:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Right, last night i deleted a load of crap off my pc that didn't need to be there, now it's running a little funny.

Lets say i'm i'm on boards, and i want to scroll down, when i scroll down it kinda scrolls in slow motion and overlaps itself.(if that makes any sense). What could be the cause?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

have you any idea from what folder you deleted stuff?

you could always try right-clicking your recycle bin and restoring any files that might still be there.

fingers crossed you havent emptied it yet!!! let me know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

dose this happen for all apps? you may have deleted some gxf drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ryshandyr

A likely cause is that you have inadvertently removed some of your graphics driver files and now the system is running in 'software' mode as opposed to hardware-accelerated graphics display

Ensure your graphics drivers are correctly installed. If you're not sure. Download the latest drivers, uninstall the old ones and replace with the new ones you've downloaded.

Quick Fix: My conputer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Performance -> Settings -> Visual Effects and check for which options are enabled for 'slide'.

/R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

mmm, i just removed crap in the control panel, i don't think i removed anything important though, just random ****e that was never used. I'll check it out tonight though and let ya's know if i sort it out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

LOL@subject.

It probably is a graphics driver problem. Try downloading them from your manufacturers site.

This isn't intended to sound rude; but it's probably not a good idea to go deleting "general" stuff if you can't describe afterwards what it was that you deleted. I wouldn't do it myself. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yup like everyone else said its most definitely your graphics driver. When i installed windows on my new computer i had to go online to get the graphics driver for my new card and while i was browsing i got that annoying overlapping scrolling thing your talking about. Its easily fixable just be more careful in future ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Khannie wrote:
    This isn't intended to sound rude; but it's probably not a good idea to go deleting "general" stuff if you can't describe afterwards what it was that you deleted. I wouldn't do it myself. :)
    Especially from the controle panel!

how will i know what to download with regards to a graphics driver? will any do? as in should i just google for one or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Control pannel -> Display -> settings -> advanced -> adapter -> properties -> driver -> update Driver.

Should work

thanks guys, got this sorted last night. cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement