Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yes Bouy! vraoom

Options
  • 09-05-2005 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

anyone ever notice the number of modded cars has realy risen in the city in the last couple of years? I have nothing against them, personlly i think some of the time and effort put into them are really great. do you think their should be an event held here for them, something properly organised? ie no skanger bangers , u know the ones im talking about ie green light Vraooom! down 50meters of the street then stops again for the red light and so on "yes bouy". Some might want this in motors section but i wanted to raise the point on a local level. ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep I became gradually aware of this about 3 years back, first a few now they're all over the place. I was wondering where the cars (imports) were being sold from and where all those fecking Lexus lights were being fitted then I discovered a few garages that did boy-racer stuff. The sourse of most of whats on the streets though can be found by the old Glass Factory just off the Cork rd opposite Sheridan-Ford. Turn onto the Western Extention road
    then turn right behind Opel and go to the end turn right then left and there they are - about a dozen units selling and fitting aftermarket tat! Its boy-racer heaven in there!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Theres another place opening up soon that has the done up cars boi.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭dogs

mike65 wrote:
    The sourse of most of whats on the streets though can be found by the [snip] turn right then left and there they are - about a dozen units selling and fitting aftermarket tat! Its boy-racer heaven in there!

Please don't encourage them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Can someone please explain to me why someone would rather spend their cash on a suped up Punto than a BMW?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

because then they would be a BMW driver?

probably insurance methinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

edmund_f wrote:
    because then they would be a BMW driver?

probably insurance methinks

As opposed to a Punto driver, who can't use multi-story car parks, and whose car exhaust sounds like a jet plane. And he still can't go as fast as a BMW.

I'll go with insurance too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They usually insure their car before they do the modifications. However the work they do on their car can seriously affect the amount of cover they will get WHEN (not if) they wrap the car around a lampost one night as the work they do on their car can make the car structurely feeble (light weight body kits) and hinder their ability to driver properly (although they dont have this ability in the first place it seems).

The "MODS" also cost a fair bit to implement. I'm sure its a great hobby if you're into fabricating panels for the car or are into cars in general, but for people who havent a clue how to install the stuff it can be very expensive.

Waste of time and money tbh. I'd be happy with a car that would just go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

How come if my exhaust goes and starts to get noisy i feel guilty and get it fixed straight away, yet nowadays it's acceptable to go out and pay a fortune for an exhaust that makes your car sound like a boeing 747 :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

you dont have the moronic gene that seems to be quite popular with the younger drivers of waterford

be happy

Mossy Monk wrote:
    you dont have the moronic gene that seems to be quite popular with the younger drivers of waterford

be happy

I dont mind some of the cars going around with the big exhausts or whatever but some people around town seem to be overdoing it on the sounds of the exhaust. You hear them coming and you swear they are doing 150 in a ferrari then turn around and see some fella doing about 25 in a punto.

Same with the fecking scooters some of them sound like a fooking Harley. they cut off the baffles thinking that it will go faster. fair enough they might get 40MPH outta it then but whats the point. My bike broke down a few weeks back and I took a loan of a scooter to go down to mayors walk and I was embarressed on the thing. It sounded like it was gonna take off when all i was doing was about 10 MPH up the hill in Ballybriken. Thank feck no one who knew me saw me at all. Im sure they heard me but as long as they didnt see me im happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

magick wrote:
    anyone ever notice the number of modded cars has realy risen in the city in the last couple of years?

Waterford is the cruising capital of Ireland for a reason ;)

Not to many modded cars in Dublin imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

There was a programme on RTÉ a couple of months back on boy-racer types in Waterford. Saw a few familiar faces on it, like that guy whos eyes are really close together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

Gadgie wrote:
    like that guy whos eyes are really close together.
    Probably caused by the sound waves from his exhaust LOL. :D

Gadgie wrote:
    There was a programme on RTÉ a couple of months back on boy-racer types in Waterford. Saw a few familiar faces on it, like that guy whos eyes are really close together.

ha ha ha if its the same fella I know he got caught doing doughn uts in his new car last week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

ando wrote:
    Waterford is the cruising capital of Ireland for a reason ;)

Not to many modded cars in Dublin imo

Crusing - surely you mean acting the complete moron? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

Mossy Monk wrote:

be happy

Agreed. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

seanybiker wrote:
    ha ha ha if its the same fella I know he got caught doing doughn uts in his new car last week :)

It probably is the same guy - his features are quite 'distinctive'... :D

Advertisement