Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alias

Options
  • 09-05-2005 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭

Any fans out there? Hellooooooooooooooooooo? :(

I've really grown to love this show, I casually watched it when it first came out but lost interest after a while. These kinds of programs are too hard to keep track of when you miss episodes I find. Thought it was a poor mans 24 with a Dawsons Creek element in it, but when I got season 1 on DVD... there goes the neighbourhood! :)

I think the personal element to it really helps it a long (and is in part why season 3 was a little lacking). I haven't watched any of season 4 yet as I'm waiting for it on DVD, how is it so far?

Season 2's episode "Phase One" is the best spy program episode EVURRR. Ricky Gervais playing an exa IRA bomber in season 3 too, absolute genius! :D His interview on the DVD extras is hilarious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ye Alias is great,season 4 on bravo has been good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I saw half an hour of the episode last night at 10 on Bravo. First episode i've seen since Ricky Gervais. Always loved the show.. but could never get a grasp of when it was on and such!

Must try and invest in some DVD's!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I loved the 1st 3 seasons class show all together. Season 4 has been a bit lack luster. It lost its edge cause jj Abrams put more effort into LOST. The 1st 15 epps were very stand aloneish with small over all plot bits stuck in but it moved along way too slow. Shows 16 - 20 have been great so far hinting to a show cloff hanger where one of the regular`s may Die, not sure how this will turn out but im still watching it hoping it will get back some of the appeal of the 1st 3 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Season 4 eps 1-8 are on Bravo this weekend for anyone who wants to catch up

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Orange

i really enjoy watching this show, you can download clips to catch up on episodes missed at www.alias-media.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Not a big fan... have the first series sitting here waiting to be watched but I really can't get into it...

Mainly cos I hate yer wan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I loved the 1st 3 seasons class show all together. Season 4 has been a bit lack luster. It lost its edge cause jj Abrams put more effort into LOST.

I totally agree -- first three seasons were excellent, but so far S4 (watching on Bravo) isn't great. There's only been two episodes I actually liked and thought showed some of the old Alias style ('Welcome to Libertyville' and 'Detente'). I've been assured by people acquiring the episodes from the US that it gets better, but if there's only half a season of great episodes, it'll easily be the worst season so far.
    I'm not sure it's all down to J.J Abrams being more focused on 'Lost' though, because most of S3 Alias wasn't written by him, nor was he the main showrunner last season, and it was still a quality show. I think the main problem I see so far is that the new premise is only now starting to show some life (as of this week's episode 'Detente'). Most of the early episodes have been very below par in all respects from pedestrian or plain boring/stupid plots and some very annoying character interaction, particularly between Syd & Vaughn. I think the main sin of the new season so far is trying to sweep away all the 'complicated' plots that many complained about in S3, and perhaps threw the baby out with the bathwater in terms of a fudged attempt to explain what Syd saw in the file @ the end of S3, Irina's 'death' at the hands of Jack, the whole APO setup....
    'Detente' finally displayed some 'Alias' spark, and actually did it within the confines of a stand-alone story so it does give me some hope that future stand-alone episodes CAN deliver the goods without cliffhangers and an arc plot to drive the series. For me, none of the episodes so far, with the exceptions mentioned above, have come close to previous seasons for delivering OTT plots bursting with excitement and action and drama, regardless of a Rambaldi arc or not.
    I just haven't seen enough of what I love about the series so far, which is disappointing as it's the first time I think 'Alias' is (for me) not really a show that I'm DYING to see each week. (Yet).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just seen the finale. Any who is worried need not be. The show ends on a very high note. Now I think I need a rest after watching the 'Lost' and 'Alias' finales - my adrenalin rush might yet make my heart explode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

I'm enjoying season 4, I think the break from the head achey stuff is good for awhile so we can get to know the characters again and adjust to the new set up. I think with the last few episodes it's building towards a big storyline. I still think this is one of the most underrated shows on television.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Planning on watch the first couple of episodes over the next few days, not sure what to expect.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Saw episode one tonight. Seemed OK, but not an instant hook. Nikita meets Run Lola Run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

It will take you more an than one ep to get into it! :D mid-way through season 2 is where it really starts to kick off...not that season 1 wasnt good.

Advertisement