Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 09-05-2005 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

My hard drive clicks when booting up and dos'nt get reconised by my BIOS and cosequently Windows. Is the hard drive knackered or is there a remedy for this, i don't mind wipeing the buger.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I would go with knackered

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

tbh, clicking hdd's is never good news. Sounds knackered, mate.

But you have a backup of all your important files, so you're covered.
    What? What do you mean 'no, I don't have a backup'?...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Is it in warranty, if so you could get a free replacement.
    It does sounds knackered though... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Clicking sounds from hard disk drives will more often that not denote a catastophic failure of said drive. The sound denotes the hard disk head stuck or actually physically crashed on the platters which are trying repeatedly to spin up to speed. Try a format and if that fails check your warranty cos its gonna need to be replaced :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

Cheers i just needed the confirmation, before i throw it in the bin. As for backed up important files. i have a copy of pac-man on cd so im grand.
    Thanks
    Try a format

edit : How do you format and undetectable hard drive?

• Advertisement
Advertisement