Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pirates Sentenced!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Your point being? The were making money out of it, and were robbing vast amounts.... I'll still keep my cool.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Lump wrote:
    Your point being? The were making money out of it, and were robbing vast amounts.... I'll still keep my cool.

John
    "British prosecutors said the men, motivated by a hatred of software companies, cracked security codes to give away software over the Internet for free."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Sgtshaft

Ciaran500 wrote:
    "British prosecutors said the men, motivated by a hatred of software companies, cracked security codes to give away software over the Internet for free."

Thanks Ciaran I think the point has been made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭jjmax

"Latter-day Robin Hoods"!
    That's class!
    I used to think they were a shower of geeks who did it just to prove they could and show off to their mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

"The activities of all four of you struck at the heart of the software trade," Judge Paul Focke said, according to Reuters. "The loss of software to owners through piracy is staggering. Also, the effect on related businesses and the lives of employees can be rendered catastrophic."
    This is similar to the bu115h1t over-exaggerated language they used on Kevin Mitnick :rolleyes:

How about this story:
    "Near Catastrophe as Maniac Rages Through City Centre in Possible Mobile Bomb"
    Authorities have arrested a man who they say was carrying enough accelerant to cause serious localised damage. The device also contained electronic equipment capable of creating 30000 Volts - more than 130 times greater than the mains supply in a large home! They claim the device was also highly mobile.
    Lawyers for the arrested man pointed out that he was simply driving a car!

causal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I tend to think less in terms of these things. These were out looking for attention. If it were regular P2P users that were being sentenced that would be a different story but...

Advertisement