Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stupid is as stupid does

Options
  • 09-05-2005 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Bad night friday home game,
    Not doing mush wrong but one player geting monsters of hands all night,
    AA *2, KK*4, QQ*2, JJ*2
    For called on small blind with Q2 s, 2 players having limped in for bb of 800, big stack on bb. he raised bb*2 others fold to me, I call(stupid).
    Flop comes 3,7,q rainbow, he raises 2k, I thought of over top all in, didn't called(weak) turn 6, I check, he raises 2k, again I thought of reraise, didnt call.
    River Ace, I bet 3k to try and slow him down, he comes over top all in. Have committed half of my chips at this stage. if my kicker was bigger I would have called, didn't , I folded.

Drag back my stack winning a few small pots. on bb get aq(d) raise, called by sb, flop 4/7/q spades, top pair but flush draw. he checks, i check, turn 9c he checks I check. river Ad, he bets 2k, I have top 2 pairs but worried about flush, I call he turns over 2/8 spades, flush. I ask what the fcuk was he doing playing them, He replies , you were stealing I didn't fancy leting you. :mad: :mad:

A while later I go all in on bb with 99, called by sm with AJoff, stands up, back up a bit but only have bb*9. with 2 big stacks. stay quite a while get 77 sb, go all in to steal bb + 2 limpers, called by bb- aa, stands up and out I go.

what would you lot have done in these hands?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

For called on small blind with Q2 s, 2 players having limped in for bb of 800, big stack on bb. he raised bb*2 others fold to me, I call(stupid).
    Flop comes 3,7,q rainbow, he raises 2k, I thought of over top all in, didn't called(weak) turn 6, I check, he raises 2k, again I thought of reraise, didnt call.I bet 3k to try and slow him down, he comes over top all in. Have committed half of my chips at this stage. if my kicker was bigger I would have called, didn't , I folded.

Depends on how many people were playing. I play a very careful game with 8+ people. I'll play looser with 4 or less. I personally would have folded pre-flop with such a bad kicker. You needed to re-raise over the top or fold after that. Calling is a bad idea. With the A on the river I would be out of it. He raised pre-flop. If he's a half decent player then he must have had a good hand. Quite possibly the A high although it may just have been a pocket pair. You'll never know.

Drag back my stack winning a few small pots. on bb get aq(d) raise, called by sb, flop 4/7/q spades, top pair but flush draw. he checks, i check, turn 9c he checks I check. river Ad, he bets 2k, I have top 2 pairs but worried about flush, I call he turns over 2/8 spades, flush. I ask what the fcuk was he doing playing them, He replies , you were stealing I didn't fancy leting you.

How much did you raise? I usually raise about 3 times the big blind to scare off the crap hands. If you did and he called then you just got unlucky with a bad beat from a bad player. It's often easier to play good players than bad ones.
    A while later I go all in on bb with 99, called by sm with AJoff, stands up, back up a bit but only have bb*9. with 2 big stacks. stay quite a while get 77 sb, go all in to steal bb + 2 limpers, called by bb- aa, stands up and out I go.

That's just unlucky. You had to make a move and you did the right thing. That's poker though.

Advertisement