Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP3 playing doorbell upload from Lidl

Options
  • 09-05-2005 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a doorbell in Lidl which plays MP3s. I didn't look through the box full but I put it up over the weekend. THe lead to put the tracks on the bell is a serial lead like an old joystick connection and the other end is like a head phone jack which goes into the bell. There was apparently ment to be software but it wasn't in the box and there were no instructions. I have it working with the preprogramed sounds but can't figure out how to get tracks on it.
    Anybody got one or an ideas? It's a Bench Prisim doorbell there is a modle number but I can't remember and am not at home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

best invention ever.
    anyone got an mp3 of loads of pitbulls snarling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Is there any left? Sounds like fun to me tbh ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it's a longshot, but try www.driverguide.com

user: drivers
    pass: all

it's a standard login thing they have. it will tell you they are changing it and do you want to create a new account, but should let you in anyway.

if there's some sort of model number on the thing, or anything try it there, and if you have no luck throw it at the mercy of google.

let us know how it turns out too, I'm quite interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

best invention ever.

I want to get it to say "The door bell is broken" or "Press it harder" it comes with dog barking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Or a loud scream and someone tumbling down the stairs! The options are endless, lol :D

• Advertisement

vibe666 wrote:
    if there's some sort of model number on the thing, or anything try it there, and if you have no luck throw it at the mercy of google.

let us know how it turns out too, I'm quite interested.

I did a few searches on the net found one mention by a german guy complianing he couldn't stop it ringing. Well I think that's what he was saying.

Loobz wrote:
    Is there any left? Sounds like fun to me tbh

I bought it a while ago (3 months) and it was all on it's own. It is actually quite sleek looking too made out of black glass and plastic and I think it was only €15. Even if I can't get tracks on it it is pretty decent with the 20 odd sounds on it but the mp3 bit would be really good fun.

If you really want one I have found one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4379023857&fromMakeTrack=true

I'll sent the guy an e-mail to see if he will copy the cd for a price of course. Unless anybody here is buying it then it would be easier

• Registered Users Posts: 65,149 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ROFLAO :D:D

Advertisement