Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet surfing problems

Options
  • 08-05-2005 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Folks,
    im having trouble surfing the internet. After the dial up. and I appear to have connection, any browser that I select (ie mozilla,Internet explorer) will refuse to display any webpage. I recieve confirmation that I have connection but thats as far as I can go. I recently removed a lot of viruses and spyware.

I attempted to remove adware that I have but I was unable to do so because I need to register with the companies before they will remove he adware. Can anyone tell me if the surfing problem is the adware I have and can you also recomend a removal tool that doesnt ask me to register online before adware removal

YOUR HELP IS APPRECIATED :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

I downloaded that software and it removed the adware. It hasnt solved the problem though. The modem seems to br working ok but Im still being prevented from from surfing the web. Does anywone have any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

firewall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

check internet options tools connections ,setup, proxy settings etc,, or get iol dialup or eircom cdrom and setup friom there.check control panel /network connections,sounds like your internet connections settings are incorrect or currupted,reinstall from cdrom from your isp provider ie eircom.net or esatbt.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

no firewall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

disable firewall for 5minutes ,se does it make any difference,run virus check, get spybot search and destroy ,free prog it gets rid of most malware ,spyware.try cdrom net installation from another isp ie utv or esatbt and see does that connect.your connections in internet explorer options tools may be incorrect.go to net cafe or ring your isp to make sure your connection options are correct.or read faq troublle shooting connection, on the isp website or cdrom.

Advertisement