Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raps MVP

Options
  • 08-05-2005 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

In the song by the game and 50 cent - Im raps MVP. What does MVP stand for anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Most Valuable Player in Baseball(i think its baseball anyway), so in saying raps MVP he's saying that he's the best, which is clearly not true, but anyway that line was originally used by Big Daddy Kane and then Big L "if rap was a game id be M.V.P, Most Valuable Poet on the M.I.C" so hes not really saying something original either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 maxcherry

Cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

MVP works for all American sports not just baseball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Puff Puff Pass

Microsoft use the letters "MVP" to describe their most valuable people

They have the letters MVP after the name like this

Mr. First Last
    Microsoft MVP

In this case it stnads for Most Valuable Person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

50 cent claiming to be raps most valuable player is completly true, he makes the most money and sells the most records.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

But lacks a lot talent, strange that.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Kristok wrote:
    50 cent claiming to be raps most valuable player is completly true, he makes the most money and sells the most records.

It was the game who claimed it. Eminem sells more than 50.

I dont think eminem is going to sell more than 50 this time, encore went 5 times platinum in america and massacure is at 4 times and still no.1. Anyway just making the point that being the mvp or whatever dosnt mean you have the be the best rapper alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Kristok wrote:
    I dont think eminem is going to sell more than 50 this time, encore went 5 times platinum in america and massacure is at 4 times and still no.1. Anyway just making the point that being the mvp or whatever dosnt mean you have the be the best rapper alive.

Yeah I know, I got your point.

Kristok wrote:
    I dont think eminem is going to sell more than 50 this time, encore went 5 times platinum in america and massacure is at 4 times and still no.1.

...Despite being one of the worst records i have ever heard, actually thats not true, i didn't listen to the whole thing, i didn't even get half way through it, yes it really was THAT bad, anyway 50 Cent is not in the rap game to prove himself as the best MC, he is in the rap game to make money, something he is doing quite successfully, either way it just proves the power of marketing and his alliegance with Dre & Eminem, not much else, apart from the stupidity of his fans that swallow the shíte that he's feeding them.

• Advertisement

ubu wrote:
    50 Cent is not in the rap game to prove himself as the best MC, he is in the rap game to make money, something he is doing quite successfully, either way it just proves the power of marketing and his alliegance with Dre & Eminem, not much else, apart from the stupidity of his fans that swallow the shíte that he's feeding them.

All rappers are in it for the money thats a given, and the fact the he is doing it so well makes him the mvp. Everyone markets themself's different, some in different ways 50 is marketed towards an image that like it or not people want.

Kristok wrote:
    All rappers are in it for the money thats a given, and the fact the he is doing it so well makes him the mvp. Everyone markets themself's different, some in different ways 50 is marketed towards an image that like it or not people want.

Yea, but all rappers aren't in it exclusively for the money, there are rappers that do it to provoke change (political) or for the respect or they care about the scene and do their best to advance/enhance it, not just to rape it for every cent(!) and bring it down from the inside..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 SatanInside

Has anyone actually heard the games album? I don't want to sound like some wigger now but that guy is going to single handedly bring the west coast back into rap. I mean you have ja fool off doing duets with mariah carey and the like and all the new york crap rap thats been around for too long. I'd love to see a return to the good old west coast days of pac and snoop. The Game may just be the man to do that, MVP or not

All well and good saying that but there aint a rapper alive who donates his millions to charity and lives in a house where he grew up. They all buy things they dont need and the ones that dont just dont have the money to or they would too.

Anyway GAME saying he is the mvp is true as him being a hit has started off a westcaost ressurection of sorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 SatanInside

I don't like to the video for hate it or love it though. The game starts pulling faces in some scenes of it with 50 cent and you'd swear one of them was after sh!tting their pants...... Its like ja rules videos where he does that scrunchy face that looks like somebody is sticking a broom handle up his ass...

Kristok wrote:
    All well and good saying that but there aint a rapper alive who donates his millions to charity and lives in a house where he grew up. They all buy things they dont need and the ones that dont just dont have the money to or they would too.
    Ive heard of alot of rappers donating money to charity, and just because they move out of the house they grew up in that doesnt mean shít, if you won the lotto tomorrow would you stay in the house you're in?
    Kristok wrote:
    Anyway GAME saying he is the mvp is true as him being a hit has started off a westcaost ressurection of sorts.
    starting off a so called ressurection makes him MVP? and surely there can only be one MVP and didnt 50 get your vote already?
    anyway, all this talk of west coast and someone saying the east coast is shít??....me feels a poll coming on...

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Most rappers are in it for the money. I mean part of the hip hop image is how much stuff you have. How much your bling is worth, how many cars you have and how pimped they are, wasting money on Don Perion, blah blah.

Yeah, rappers do what they do cos they love rap, theres no denying that but theres the rappers "ego" that goes with it that they need to live up to and part of that is showing how much your worth.

No, part of the MTV pop-rap image is how much money/how many cars you have, not the Hip-Hop image, please dont get the two confused .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Most rappers are in it for the money as well as the money.

Yeah and they're in it for the money too.

ubu wrote:
    Ive heard of alot of rappers donating money to charity, and just because they move out of the house they grew up in that doesnt mean shít, if you won the lotto tomorrow would you stay in the house you're in?

All the money they spend on cars and chains to look cool has nothing to do with art, oh and usually rich people who give small ammounts of money away in comparrision to what they are worth do it for tax purposes. And anyway if I won the lotto tomorrow id defo move out but then again im in the lotto for the money not for the art just like everyone else. Like it or not they are all in it for the money and the ones who are not get corrupted quick once it looks like they will get any.

ubu wrote:
    starting off a so called ressurection makes him MVP? and surely there can only be one MVP and didnt 50 get your vote already?
    anyway, all this talk of west coast and someone saying the east coast is shít??....me feels a poll coming on...

one event there is one mvp the next there is another it only applies to the situation your talking about. Why does the westcoast sound getting recognition mean there has to be anything wrong with the east coast sound.

• Advertisement

Kristok wrote:
    Why does the westcoast sound getting recognition mean there has to be anything wrong with the east coast sound.
    Has anyone actually heard the games album? I don't want to sound like some wigger now but that guy is going to single handedly bring the west coast back into rap. I mean you have ja fool off doing duets with mariah carey and the like and all the new york crap rap thats been around for too long. I'd love to see a return to the good old west coast days of pac and snoop. The Game may just be the man to do that, MVP or not

^^^^Thats what i was referring to, and theres nothing wrong with the East coast sound, ive consistently listed NaS as one of my favourite emcees, i just wanted to start a poll to see what everyone else thought..
    Kristok wrote:
    Like it or not they are all in it for the money and the ones who are not get corrupted quick once it looks like they will get any.
    I dont agree with that, i would go off and find examples but i have an exam tomorrow that i should really be studying for so ill leave it for another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Game and 50 cent may be portrayed as the biggest gangsters since tony montana, but the biggest gangster of them all is Jimmy Iovine head of interscope. He's destroying the image of hip hop by portraying these guys as bad motherf*ckers. Fair enough they've been shot and stabbed or whatever, but how much of it is all hyped up to generate album sales. For anyone that is interested read this http://playahata.com/pages/eyecalone/hiphopsmackdown.htm

Holla if ya hear me

There is a very simular story in the source this month I think but dont buy into that hype they have been saying that about him for years, if it wasnt 2pac it was ice t or NIN or death row as a whole. People rescent his success and accuse him of exploiting black people, remember the whole dolaros tucker thing when it turned out she wanted to have death row become some sort of christian rap or something like that with her running the label instead of interscope. All record labels are evil and money hungry interscope is no worse than others just they happen to be the label that does it best.

Advertisement