Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny email recieved

Options
  • 08-05-2005 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

Account and Password Information are attached!

Visit: [url]http://www.mmp1.fz.fj.cn[/url]

*** Attachment-Scanner: Status OK
    *** "EIRCOM" Anti-Virus
    *** [url]http://www.eircom.net[/url]

i didn't ask for any password... eircom anti virus? I think theres a new virus going around... Anyone else get anything similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

heh, that's interesting

Thanks for posting it, I'll be more careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Id say the way that Eircom is in "'s, would mean that its a generic email footer, trying to fool the recipient into thinking that its a legit email, cos my ISP says it is. Binnage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Delete it, and then permanently remove it from your Trash.
    Why would eircom.net want you to visit a website with in the Chinese domain?
    No harm to do the usual scans - virus/spyware/etc. on your computer just in case.

causal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

my advice is always ignore/delete/block e-mails from strangers especially abt anything that you wouldn't even know. or things from someone you know but couldn't be really from them. use ur instinct :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

I assume you have an Eircom e-mail address. The footer just took your e-mail address domain and stuck it in.

The website it links to has already been taken off the air but i think it is probable that it was a site designed to install some spyware or a trojan rather than trying to get your password.

Lots of simular e-mails arriving at my work e-mail server with different footers but simular designs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement