Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's this from?

Options
  • 07-05-2005 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

hey, my bro recently found a bucket of my old toys from when i was four, and was just wondering if anybody knew what this figure is from.
    i have a feeling its from he-man.
    he has a button on the back for sucking up water and squirting it out his mouth.
    thanx in advance :)

anyway, off to play with egon spangler and ellen ripley :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

*bump*

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah, it's He-man. My Brother had that figure and another grey one, that had a funny smell! Seriously, I think it was meant to smell bad. He had big googly eyes. I Had little She-ra figures. Thought they were deadly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Yeah definitely from He-Man....

thanx people, had to get that cleared!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ruadan

From She-ra, the thing on his chest is a pic of the principle enemy in it, forget his name, dude had one arm taht changed into a gun and stuff.

I have one of them back home, brother pulled the face off it a fiew years ago, little ****, i got in fair trouble for shovinhg his head between 2 banister rails after, but it was worth it.....

thanks for the memories :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I had one of them too, anyone remember the name?

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Ruadan wrote:
    From She-ra, the thing on his chest is a pic of the principle enemy in it, forget his name,

"Hordak"

I can't believe I actually remembered that ....

dunno the name of the actual toy pictured above though.

she-ra it is, funny i dont even remember watching that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Those toys definitely smelled!

Anyway, I did a bit of checking because I thought She-Ra only ever fought women, but I was wrong. Hordak and The Horde action figures were made by Mattel and were supposed to be used as baddies in He-Man, but when She-Ra was in development, they decided to promote the toys by using them in She-Ra instead. So technically, everyone is right, cos the figures were released in 'Masters of the Universe' boxes, not She-Ra ones, but only appeared in the She-Ra cartoon, and not He-Man. :)

Leech Toy

Was this the googly-eyed one someone meant? Some of these toys are familiar, but I don't remember this one!

Mantenna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

i had that figure to, i remember my thumb used to hurt like hell pressing the button :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

That He-Man site is savage! Such an amount of detail about all them toys I had forgotten about!

As regards that green suction fella. I had that guy as a toy (Leech) I had another furry guy too , called Grizzlor as far as I can remember (This guy here) They were some of the baddies known as The Horde who were the bad guys from She-Ra (I think?!) but from time to time would cross over to be the bad guys in He-Man also. Meaning that He-Man and Skeletor would team up to defeat Hordak and his minions!

Jaysus, I have far too much time on my hands!! :D

I used to have Modulok aswell!

And to this day, me Dad reckons that Pierluigi Collina is the spit of one of the heads!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

I don't remember that leech character at all - I think my brother had a "Stink-or" figure which smelled really awful - I think he was black and white, like a skunk....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Stinkor

Yup, I had this guy too, there really was a smell of him, like stale egg sandwiches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

That's the one -- ahh, brings back memories of being chased around the house and having Stinkor shoved up my nose..... really smelly and horrible....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Yep that ones Leech alright. He was a member of Hordaks 'Horde' on the SheRa show but at the same time I think he was officially a 'Masters of the Universe' toy, not a 'SheRa' one. SheRa toys seemed to be aimed at the girls 'dolls' market and I couldn't imagine too many six year old girls falling in love with Leech!

I even remember I used to get told off by my Ma because of Leech! I used to stick him onto my forehead and leave him hanging there (like the kid in the ad did) and it would leave a big red mark on my skin.

Ah they don't make em like that anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

kinkstr wrote:
    i had that figure to, i remember my thumb used to hurt like hell pressing the button :)

Heheh.. so true. Mine never, ever stuck to anything either. You were meant to be able to attach him to windows and stuff.

I also had those He-Man and Skeletor ones where they had rotating hit points on their chests. You hit the right part with a sword and it'd rotate to a wound.. ooooOoo in-ter-ac-tive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

im also impressed by the amount of toilet rolls in the second photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Kingsize wrote:
    im also impressed by the amount of toilet rolls in the second photo.
    Someone was clearly abusing Leach's suction feature.

I've got the She-ra theme tune stuck in my head now.. bleh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

dont know bout the toys but nice sheets

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

someone's selling them on website

http://www.timelesstrinkets.com/HeManSheRa/HeMan-SheRa-Contents.html

I knew one of them smelled bad but not really of stale egg sandwiches. Can't describe the smell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

The He-man baddie was Leech man, I had him too. I used to have Buzz off Skeltotar He-man and Mossman ( I got sick in Wexford from smelling him, boy that moss smell was strong) LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Okie wrote:
    Stinkor

Yup, I had this guy too, there really was a smell of him, like stale egg sandwiches!

LOL! Click on the link again... was this guys title actually 'Evil Master of Odors'. FFS in the 80s any s*** would fly, honestly, is that the best they could come up with? :):)

Advertisement