Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer crashes when coming out of Hibernation.

Options
  • 07-05-2005 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭

I've had this problem for the last few days. Whenever I try to bring my computer out of hibernation it keeps locking up. I've flashed the BIOS and Reinstalled the OS but it still keeps doing it. The motherboard is a MSI K8N SLI Nforce 4 with a 200 GB SATA HD, 2 DVD drives in the Primary IDE and a 250 ZIP on the secondary. It's the same problem with the standby function too. Can anyone help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

So am I right in thinking that it did work up until a few days ago? If so check for viruses and spyware!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I've checked for those. The problems started when I restored my os from a Ghost Backup and something caused the DEP to shut down a svchost process. Since then whenever I tried to come out of hibernation it would load back up but the screen wouldn't come up and the system would lock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Hey Infiny, do you have Skype on your PC? This is a known issue with Skype and you need to close it down before going into standby...

Nope.

What's your OS and SP?

• Advertisement

And do you have a 2nd gfx card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Zoned

Turn off Hibernation...

Well after an entire OS Reinstall and literally gutting my way through the inside of my shiny PC I seemed to have tracked the source of the problem down to the Zip Dive itself. Removing it seems to solve the problem. It's finally working again however if I put it in again it takes it at least 30 seconds or more for the screen to come back on. Thanks for the replies everyone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Zoned wrote:
    Turn off Hibernation...
    i think he wants to use it. It really handy

Advertisement