Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this site legit?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

dont download from it.. it looks like a typical site tryin to look legit, when it actually isn't.. dont download from it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I would say that would get you a whole heap of malware. I wouldnt touch it with a stick.

EDIT: this was already answered in another thread you posted. Virus hell I think is called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Mourinho's_love

Shrimp wrote:
    dont download from it.. it looks like a typical site tryin to look legit, when it actually isn't.. dont download from it..
    ok thanks a million, i am sorry for posting twice I was confused, My Pc is falling to ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Simple actually... NEVER download anything you are told to download from some random system message!! Fact is you already have crapware on your PC if you are getting the message... so reboot to safe mode (normal mode no good) run hijack this if you know what you are doing.. otherwise run ad-aware AND spybot and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Saruman wrote:
    so reboot to safe mode (normal mode no good) run hijack this if you know what you are doing.. otherwise run ad-aware AND spybot and hope for the best.

He/she could run hijack this and post the log somewhere like Tech support guy forums, they would tell him/her exactley what to delete. I had some stubborn crapware on my pc and they helped me get rid of it.

Mourinho's_love, if you do decide to go there, just stick it in the security forum and someone will find it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Mourinho's_love

Saruman wrote:
    Simple actually... NEVER download anything you are told to download from some random system message!! Fact is you already have crapware on your PC if you are getting the message... so reboot to safe mode (normal mode no good) run hijack this if you know what you are doing.. otherwise run ad-aware AND spybot and hope for the best.

I have a dual boot of
    mandrake Linux and windows xp,
    how can i go into safe mode
    i am using LILA or lilo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Same way as anyone else... press F8!! im serious... Lilo unless it has changed simply loads the XP boot partition.. so once you select XP press F8 as fast as you can and you will get it.. same as if you were booting off a CD like win98 cd... press F8 and you can pick command prompt only etc from the CD itself without loading the extras... just because it does not say you can press F8 does not mean you cant..

Then again maybe lilo is now different and it will not work.. in which case.. you can try running msconfig and im not sure about XP as i dont use it any more but if you have the "startup menu" option in advanced.. tick it and it will always give you the choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

erm, it's LiLO you're using. Ok this will be a toughie but i've had to do it a few times. Hit Windows in the LiLO but menu then almost immediatly afterwards hit F8. You should be at the bootup menu option screen then. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

what Achilles said, LILO's purpose is just to ask you which OS you wanna boot, if you pick windows you will still get the same windows startup options that somebody running windows only would get by pressing F8 just as it starts booting windows

Advertisement