Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom who?

Options
  • 06-05-2005 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Here's a snippet from one of those paddy power emails -

"Read the Paddy Power Poker P-articles written by experts to help you master the game.
    You don't need no education? Eh, quiet frankly, yes you do. Lose the ego and
    open your mind for this week's Paddy Power Poker P-articles...
    Bluffing the Flush
    by Tom Murphy"

Imagine that two Tom Murphys playing poker in ireland and working for paddy power :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

lol "Tom Murphy" and "expert" in the same sentence lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Daithio

In fairness the articles are pretty well written and are right in most of what they say. Expert is a bit much though but I'm sure that wasn't Tom's idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

"You don't need no education? Eh, quiet frankly, yes you do."

That is definitely written by Tom "The Gay Waiter" Murphy so I would assume the line above it is also written by him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Never heard of either of them!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The next one should be "How to play Q 3 like an expert"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

I've heard of him. Next time he wants 10% he's got it.

Bad haircut though.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry to dissappoint Bohs but I didnt write either of those lines, Ross O'Mullane (our marketing manager) writes the emails, I just write the articles. I've mentioned that "expert" isnt what I'd like to be referred to as but like, what is a marketing manager going to say "hey, theres this bloke we know and he seems to do pretty well sometimes, and he said....". :)

I write 2-3 a week and you can either read them and dismiss them as crap, or you can take them on board and see if they make sense to you and your game! I wondered how long it would be before someone mentioned it.

We'll see some articles from Mike Lacey and Hector soon too I hope. If you are interested in writing and you can write and have a good grasp of the game, let me know.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I've heard of him. Next time he wants 10% he's got it.

Bad haircut though.

Hate to break a stereotype, but of late his hair looks a lot better, I think he's using a new gel or something. It's annoying because I can't go "ha ha gay hair" anymore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

amp wrote:
    It's annoying because I can't go "ha ha gay hair" anymore :(
    You may remember from the time that all began there was the conclusion that all hair styles meet some gay stereotype. So you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

So your saying that his hair is still gay but on a different frequency of gay?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

amp wrote:
    So your saying that his hair is still gay but on a different frequency of gay?
    Yes. Recalibrate your tonsorial gaydar.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wait till I start teaching poker classes (seriously!), you can all call me the New Mark Strahan :)
    Theres a lot of stuff I'm working on right now within the Irish Poker scene. I think you're all going to be sick of me (if you arent already!) :)

I did say I was going to get heavily involved didnt I!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

DeVore wrote:
    .....you can all call me the New Mark Strahan :).....
    DeV.

FFS! One is enough.

P.S. Good luck with all the new ventures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

DeVore wrote:
    We'll see some articles from Mike Lacey and Hector soon too I hope. If you are interested in writing and you can write and have a good grasp of the game, let me know.

DeV.

Can you title the first topic, the POWAH(switch on Darth Vader effect) of 63s.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

DeVore wrote:
    DeV.
    Is it voluntary or do you get paid if your article gets put on the PPP website? I was thinking about writing an article about low-limit online Omaha.

Advertisement