Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOLBB Faster Upload Speeds!

Options
  • 06-05-2005 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

i have IOLBB, with Esatbt, and to say that i am at my wits end with the unbelievably slow upload bandwidth would be an understatement. My average upload speed is around 14kb a sec, whereas my average download speed is around 250kb a sec, so its not like i have a slow connection. I was wondering if many have this problem? Do you know of a way to speed up your upload bandwidth by opening more ports?, if you do please let me know :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Hint: Stay away from the weed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no you can't

your line is 2048k download 128k upload, to get the speeds you see when downloading or uploading something you need to divide them figures by 8.

so

download 2048k becomes 256k/sec
    upload 128k becomes 16 k/sec

this is what you signed up for and also the figures of 256k/sec download and 16k upload are absolute maximum figures you should count yourself lucky if you achieve these speeds.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

KB means KiloBytes
    Kb means Kilobits

a Byte is 8 bits, so that little b means 1/8th of the big B :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement