Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheres the best place i can get an xbox for

Options
  • 06-05-2005 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Any ideas my old one just broke something about the hard drive dying. Anyway do you know where i can get an xbox or even better a crystal xbox for a cheap price???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

just get it modded and anyone who mods has loads of 10gig drives lying about

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Yeah but you kind of have to have connections to mod it dont you ? theres no shop thatll do it and i dont think xbox live would work on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭motrocco

a fwe places mod x-boxes etc. call into some games stores/ pc repair/ tv repair places.

Usually cost 75, maybe less and you prolly get a game too. When your asking for the replacement drive just ask for a mod too.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

could you list a few of those places in Dublin??

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

weedhead wrote:
    Yeah but you kind of have to have connections to mod it dont you ? theres no shop thatll do it and i dont think xbox live would work on it

Modded boxes won't work on Live - they'll ban the box as soon as they can detect that it's been modded, and they're getting more sophisticated at detecting it.

Ciarán.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

If you get a mod chip with a switch its simple to get onto live with a mod chip installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

i thought modded ebox's were illegal, and never herd of a shop doing them around here :rolleyes:

Modded xboxs are not illegal. The software they contain might be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

oh... thats cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

isn't there a a gaming service that allows you to connect x-boxes over the internet through a PC, games can be played as system link games. I'm not sure what it's called but sounds pretty cool and saves you paying a live! subscription. the idea reminded me of kali.net which emulated local IPX networks over TCP/IP back in the day.

• Advertisement

XBConnect and Xlink Kai. But imo there not a patch on Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Weedhead I'm looking for an Xbox DVD Drive so if your scrapping your old machine I'd take the DVD Drive off your hands for a few quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

Ciaran500 wrote:
    XBConnect and Xlink Kai. But imo there not a patch on Live.
    They might not be quite as good as Live! but they are free and once you've made some friends with good ping times you can get consistently good games. It wont be long before MS start putting billboards and other adverts into games like Halo (pure speculation but it makes sense) so I'd prefer to support the good guys and create competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

You can get a brand new xbox at Harvey normans, swords for 149 and get a free mp3 player too.. that's where I ordered mine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I play on kai a lot, its great. The price is right too.

Someone correct me if im wrong, but if weedhead replaces his broken hd with a fixed one, he'll be banned from xbox live for the changed hardware signature of the xbox anyway?

Weedhead, drop me a PM if you want to sell the broken xbox, I could use the parts.

Advertisement