Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid god damn mouse.

Options
  • 06-05-2005 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Well my old mouse's left click was bust so I bought a new one yesterday. Its an A4 Tech Office 8k, looks like the Logitech Mx500. Well I was looking at the specs anyway and it said 800 cpi, so I thought great same as my old mouse, shouldn't be to different and it was fairly cheap (€20 cheaper than mx500). Well it all seemed perfect on paper but now I'm noticing that whenever I move my mouse fast, it locks up and freezes for a second. You can imagine in games how annoying this can be, I can't even turn and I'm ****ed if I have to do something quickly.

So anyway, I was wondering what the hell could be wrong with it? I read a customer review of this guy saying "yeah i'm a gamer etc etc... great for games" so obviously he's not experiencing this. I've tried both USB and PS/2, and while it does seem a little better with PS/2, the problem hasn't cleared up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Just sounds like a crappy mouse TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

You try any different drivers for it (if there are any)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I was fearing that Ciaran, I think you might be right. :(

I got the newest drivers today but they didn't make much of a difference. I'll keep looking around for a fix, might get lucky.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

USB should defo be better than PS/2. PS/2 doesn't have the bandwidth for optical mouse data.

Have a look at the mouse settings in control panel. Try turning off acceleration, etc.

Advertisement