Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roxio / CD-RW problem

Options
  • 06-05-2005 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

A client's pc is having problems using cd-rw disks. If I put in a CD-R, it recognises it immediately, XP comes up with its "What do you want me to do with this?" dialogue, Roxio will recognise it and burn data to it. However, if you enter a new, unformatted blank cd-rw, it doesn't see that a disk was entered. If I open direct cd to format the disk, it tells me there is no disk present. If I format the disk on another pc, it will see it and allow me to drag and drop on to it. I have updated the software via the roxio website to Easy CD Creator 5.3.5, and also the UDF on the machine. No joy as of yet. Any ideas what could be causing this issue? Its happening on two machines with identical spec, I'm told (I haven't examined the second one), so I assume its a software problem.. The PCs are Dell Dimension boxes with 2.4mhz processors and 1GB RAM.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Caixa

Check if you are trying to use High/Ultra Speed media and the drive is incompatible. Both media and cd-rw drive would have a high/ultra speed logo on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

The media itself has no High/Ultra speed logo on it.. its 4x-10x. That shouldn't be a problem for the rewriter..

Advertisement