Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving/Trimming/Permanent Hair Removal?

Options
  • 06-05-2005 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

So folowing on from another thread Ive been contemplating a few things of shaving trimming and permanent hair removal.

How do you go about trimming the pubic area?

How would I get permanent hair removal on my back and shoulders?

Is it safe to shave me backside (inside the cheeks) and how?

Bit crude but serious questions. ;)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

How do you go about trimming the pubic area?
    With a scissors? I take it you're a bloke. It's pretty much the done thing nowadays.
    How would I get permanent hair removal on my back and shoulders?
    If the hair is dark laser treatment would work well, it's expensive however. http://www.lasercentre.ie currently do the best prices in this country, they have an easy-payment plan and are based on hume st. PM me if you need more details on this..
    Is it safe to shave me backside (inside the cheeks) and how?
    Safe? I suppose.. though I do not recommend this. This has been brought up here before, I'm sure somebody will post a link. The hair there does actually serve a purpose: friction.
    Bit crude but serious questions. ;)
    T'internet is great innit? Where else could you ask questions like this..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Dear God do not shave the insides of your buttcheeks! I've never done it, but I can only imagine the discomfort as the hair grows back, and you start to sweat.. ouch!!! As ApeXaviour said, it's there for a reason.

Trimming the pubic area: Use a scissors or a hair trimmer. Most guys I know do at least that much, and some guys I know shave their balls. Not their whole pubic area, just the balls.

Can't comment on laser treatment, but waxing is a good short term solution. Contrary to popular opinion though, it can grow back stubbly, but that only lasts a couple of days, and afterwards, even though the hair is growing back, it looks and feels much better than it did before.

Kevin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

There is no form of permanant hair removal it's permanent reduction.

Elaborate morningstar..?

Laser-treatment is about 80% permanent. Electrolosys afaik is near 100%, but wholly impractical for any large areas..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Elaborate morningstar..?

Laser-treatment is about 80% permanent. Electrolosys afaik is near 100%, but wholly impractical for any large areas..

Not much to elaborate on, none of the treatments are permanent. As hair growth is hormonal the removal of hair can cause more to grow how is that for a theory? There is a guy on Newtalk radio who always goes on about how it's not permanent and a friend told me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Not much to elaborate on, none of the treatments are permanent. As hair growth is hormonal the removal of hair can cause more to grow how is that for a theory? There is a guy on Newtalk radio who always goes on about how it's not permanent and a friend told me too.

Must be true then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

It is true that hair will grp back , however if you kill the folocal that it grows from it won't grow back. Hence 3 treatmeants of getting ickle electric shokes usualy does the trick .. well accounding to a friend of mine, who's in the know about such matters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Ape - you are a fountain of knowledge! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I know a guy who shaves his balls and trims/shaves his pubic hair and ass crack.
    Works well for him and it's much nicer tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

If your trimming around big jim and the twins, Don't I Repeat Don't, go the full monty, or it will itch like f*ck and the itch won't go away for at least 2 weeks, i had an unfortunate incident once. Apply hair conditioner to the area first and it may help. Also daily showering helps, if you go too tight ie like shaving your face the hair folicles may get trapped and the skin incase them and the itch would make you look like a freak, and you may get an infection,

Regards netwhizkid

Ps it will make big jim look bigger though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Waxing the area is a better idea really because the hair isn't as wirey when it grows back

Megatron wrote:
    It is true that hair will grp back , however if you kill the folocal that it grows from it won't grow back.
    This is what electrolosis and laser-treatment aim to do.. Morningstar your friend was wrong. They are generally permanent with regard to that follicle.

DrIndy wrote:
    Ape - you are a fountain of knowledge!
    Why thank you indy. I just happen to have had a bit of experience with hair removal though :). I'd like to reciprocate the compliment however..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Veet hair removal mousse. spray it on your danglies for 10 mins and it burns away the hair, then just get in the shower and wash it off. the hair comes with it. it smells like ass but its easy and the lack of razors makes it a good choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

The_B_Man wrote:
    Veet hair removal mousse. spray it on your danglies for 10 mins and it burns away the hair, then just get in the shower and wash it off. the hair comes with it. it smells like ass but its easy and the lack of razors makes it a good choice!

Does this work for the hai above your johnson?

What does the hair grow back like?

I'd feel like a f**king tool going in to buy veet in boots :o

Also - what I'm curious about - how would you blend the newly bare area with the fluff coming from your belly button downwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Mutz wrote:
    Does this work for the hai above your johnson?
    Yes
    What does the hair grow back like?
    same as before

Also - what I'm curious about - how would you blend the newly bare area with the fluff coming from your belly button downwards?
    fcuk it man :p

worry bout that afterwards

Advertisement