Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which 1 / Help!

• 06-05-2005 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Inspiron 6000 or 9300,Acer or similar? :confused:
    Budget of about €1,750 excl VAT.
    Will be used for work: monitoring company emails, Acad, Word, Excel etc.
    Will also use at home for watching dvd's etc.
    I know 9300 has a bigger screen but I'd like to hear from people who have purchased either one to know of the pros & cons.
    Work is paying for it but I don't want to go too mad!

My Spec:
    Intel® Pentium® M 750(1.86GHz 2MB L2 cache 533MHz FSB)& ATI MOBILITY RADEON X300 graphics
    Open to ideas on best screen (15" or 17" widescreen, battery life would concern me)
    512MB 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2x256)
    128MB DDR ATI®MOBILITY™ RADEON®X300 graphics card, PCI-Express x16
    40GB (5.400rpm) IDE Hard Drive
    Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with Software
    Intel ProWireless 2915 802.11a/b/g Mini PCI Wireless LAN Card
    European - Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth 2.0 Module
    Primary 6 Cell 53 WHr battery & 9300 second 6-cell , 53 WHr Li-Ion primary battery
    Multimedia Audio/Video Cable Kit
    Snap-On LCD Cover
    Norton Internet Security 2005
    Dell Media Experience 3.0 Delux

Works out at €1819 Inspiron 9300 excl. VAT, pretty much the same on Inspiron 6000.
    Anyone with similar or who can suggest better I'd appreciate your responses.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭lau1247

i have a acer ferrari laptop for sale..
    Just wanna upgrade to a better one..
    check it out..

(no toting please-link removed)

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Please no toting - if your trying to shift your laptop stick the link in your sig,this is not a FS forum.

Nukem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i just got the dell inspiron 9300, my advice would be to get the ultrasharp screen.

also, get more hard disck space, they come with 60, but if you have the budget, i'd go for 80gb, or even 100!

a gig of ram would be grand, an sure there's another slot for you to upgrade later if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭stevenup7002

I'd advice you to get an acer! dell don't really manufacture things that much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 dfitz1

Thanks for the replies. Bought an Inspiron 6000. Saved over €300 on internet price :cool:

See thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=258052

• Advertisement
Advertisement