Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Property Show

Options
  • 06-05-2005 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone see this on TV3. I did mean to check it out but forgot.

Was it any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

I saw it and it lasted les than 20 minutes...very short, even though I think that it was advertised for a half hour, started after 7:30pm and then there was the usual 5 minute ad break half way through!

It advertised itself giving you "information that the banks and estate agents don't tell you" I think, but that was only that they use small furniture in showhouses and apartments and they get rid of the clutter - that wasn't really news to me. They furnish them with the basics and don't have clothes on the bathroom floor :rolleyes:

The two presenters were a bit annoying...and seemed to drag the programme out for the 20 minutes, a lot of repitition! But I guess the item they did on affordable housing was informative, especially since they had someone who had done it all in Wicklow. And supposedly 20% of all housing developments are suppose to be affordable housing! But the councils don't seem to be pushing this on builders too much at the moment!

They also did a bit on Stamp duty and what exactly it is used for - supposedly affordable housing!

Ah it was the first week - will watch it again next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

robo wrote:
    I But I guess the item they did on affordable housing was informative, especially since they had someone who had done it all in Wicklow. And supposedly 20% of all housing developments are suppose to be affordable housing! But the councils don't seem to be pushing this on builders too much at the moment!QUOTE]

I was surprised to see TV3 show two home produced (non-news) shows in the one evening. The property show was o.k. I supposed but the could have gone into more detail or research into the subjects they covered. For example the piece on affordable housing they neglected to mention that developers can pay a financial contribution to the county council in leiu of providing the housing or that developers area only obliged to provide a certain percentage of affordable housing when they plan to construct an large estates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Amm they did say all that!!!

I thought it was very good liked that presenter guy! But it was too staged, and badly edited! When the guy was leaving you could see the woman and himself at the door staring at the camera waiting for a sec, then the guy kept his eyes on the camera said goodbye and started talking to the camera while the woman closed the door!

I thought that the idea is great there isnt anything else on tv like it (UK or Ireland), I would suggest people about to get a new place to watch the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I thought that the idea is great there isnt anything else on tv like it (UK or Ireland),

House Hunters (RTE)
    Location Location Location (C4)
    Didn't the BBC have one.

I would have to see it before I could say it was different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

No they look at houses for people... this show helps the viewer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Amm they did say all that!!

Sorry, I must have fallen asleep or changed over during that:)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, I didn't even know the programme existed! The woes of having a UK Sky sub!

Although it may not be entirely original, it's always good to see a programme with an Irish slant. Even more so when it's on TV3! About time!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Watched this week.

Much more informative about the Irish Property Market then House Hunters, but then as has been said two totally different shows.

I felt that the question that Maura Deran (sp?) was giving the other presenter after his interview where a little over rehersed and I didn't see the point in them. They where pretty much reitterating what had already been said in the interview.

His accent was a bit annoying but thats just me being picky, oh and the pony tail.

I don't see where it fits in with TV3's so called market, but then I think they are moving away from the market that they where orginally aimed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

"His accent was a bit annoying but thats just me being picky, oh and the pony tail. "

I have to say that, as a presenter, he doesn't work at all - perhaps a columnist at best...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

did anyone watch this swil last night...

the main two features....

the stuff banks and estate agents don't want you to know.. "the further from dublin city you are the cheaper houses are , but (wait for this) the more time it will take you to get to work in dublin........"

and watch out for the tenant from hell...

this poor woman had a loger who always paid his rent on time , was respectful to her stuff... but he often had a friend over for dinner (the bastard).... and this one time , he asked her permission to have someone over and he actually had 2 (i think she should have shot him for that one).....

• Advertisement
Advertisement