Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick HTML application form Question

Options
  • 06-05-2005 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,098 ✭✭✭✭

Hey could anyone point me to where i can find out how to make an application form like this one http://www.sceb.ie/training/training_app.html which will allow users to input their information and the form will then be sent to an email address or something for sorting by employees?

thanks :) have copies of dreamweaver and frontpage if this is any help for people explaining?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

You need a script at the backend (i.e. a script that the form gets sent to). This script (usually a cgi script...google cgi) takes the information from the form and emails it to you.

You should be able to get a mailer script like that for free download somewhere. I think there's a webmaster forum somewhere. You may want to check there.

edit: the page you linked to has the line:

<form method="post" name="this_form" action="/cgi-bin/sendit.cgi"> this means that the form is handled by a script called sendit.cgi that's in the cgi-bin subfolder of the web server root.

Clear? As mud?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

topic <

> this post

bloody hell that's a horrible website!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭smorton

get a book on cgi and perl. i got one that explained the basics in easons. fairly simple stuff

Advertisement