Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost coming soon to RTE2

Options
  • 06-05-2005 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey,

Did anyone see the ad on RTE2 last night for "Lost" ?
    They don't say when it's coming, they just say "Coming Soon".

Anyone know exactly when it's coming?

I've been waiting for this show for AGES.....dying to see it :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Monday the 23rd of May 10pm

I know that we have had this discussion on the "American shows on TG4" thread.

But IMO

Its bad day for the show

1. Its up againist the most popular shows on all the Irish Channels 1, 3 and 4.
    2. If it wanted to really get viewers RTE should put it out Saturdays at 9:30 on RTE ONE, while Tubrity Tonight is off the air or even let it replace ER during the summer months.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Yeah, I don't know where you're all getting the idea that Lost is mainstream television. It's too hocus-pocus compared to a chat show or ER, despite the fact that it's well done.

I like it, but I guess it's because I'm in the target audience of 18-30. Tubrity and ER have a much wider target audience IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I like it, but I guess it's because I'm in the target audience of 18-30. Tubrity and ER have a much wider target audience IMO.

they wouldn't like to hear you say that. :D

Nah the promotion for the show states that it top the charts in all the terriorties it has been broadcast in.

So I assume from that they are looking for a mainstream audience.

I hope if its a good show that it gets around the same amount of viewers as DH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Wider target audience maybe.. they're more accesible (you don't need to have watched the whole series to really get what's going on).

Lost is more a show that you'll get sucked into and not be able to miss. Lost seems to be aimed at first at getting people intrigued about what's going on on the island and then it goes crazy. If you miss an episode of Lost you're pretty much screwed cos there hasn't been a bad episode yet and it's definitly something you need to get into.

I wouldn't be surprised if people write it off as just another show that RTE will most likely confine to 2am on a Saturday night or something stupid like that but it's well worth watching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Whats it about???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭ando

well so far on what I've seen, I'd have to say its well worth watching

Whats it about???

Ok... it's gonna be hard to set this up without giving the plot away but here goes:

A plane goes off course and crashes on a deserted island.

There's around 50 survivors and they have to live there because no-one knows where they landed.

There's something living in the woods that they don't know what it is but it's big and scary...

Each episode fairly much centres around one character... every episode has a flashback to their lives before the crash and revolves around how they ended up on the island and shows there interconnection.

There's something "not quite right" about the island and the show goes into the relationships between the characters, how they came to be there and the mystery surrounding the island...

I realise I've probably just made it sound like the most boring progam ever but you should check it out. Make sure you don't come into it half way through the series cos you'll be kicking yourself that you've missed it.

The massive Lost thread in this forum is an indication of how much there is to discuss...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I've seen all 21 episode, it is excellent viewing. As for low viewing figures? Every single episode so far has topped the ratings charts for the night it was on, it's almost as high ratings as Desperate Housewives.

I heard Channel 4 were holding off showing Lost until after DH was finished (and presumably Big Brother) because it's guaranteed to pull in as high viewing figures as DH...

I wouldn't be so sure about the same being said for N2's viewing figures

Advertisement