Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smallville

Options
  • 06-05-2005 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

i've been watching smallville on e4 the last couple of weeks, it was on every day, showing series 3 again, anyway i want to see series 4 now, have e4 started showing that yet or what? and does anyone know if their gonna follow on from series 3 and do the same thing (showing 1 episode a day) like they did up until a couple of days ago?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

Series four is on monday nights at nine and repeated on sunday at eight afaik.

They're about half way through at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

you are not missing much with season 4...TV at its worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

If you missed any episodes you should be able to download them here:

[SNIP]Read the charter, no illegal links allowed[/SNIP]

the whole of season 4 up until the last two episodes(not yet screened in the US) are there to be downloaded...though only really worthwhile if you have broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Tony D79 wrote:
    If you missed any episodes you should be able to download them here:

/me watches the mods lay the smackdown on the clueless noob...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Tongiht episode was okay, Lucy is quite hmmm tasty ;)

TonyD79 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: another newb who can't read

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

anybody else see smallville tonight wow thats all i can say can't wait till the next series
    and a new villain who Gough claims "gives even Lionel Luthor ****s
    what the hell did lana see in the crater? were is clark now?
    and will bruce wayne turn up in smallville there are rumours going around

ye the finale was good...pity the whole season couldnt have been like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Mac daddy wrote:
    anybody else see smallville tonight wow thats all i can say can't wait till the next series
    and a new villain who Gough claims "gives even Lionel Luthor ****s
    what the hell did lana see in the crater? were is clark now?
    and will bruce wayne turn up in smallville there are rumours going around

ya theres rumours they might be sharing sets with superman returns, for a certain icy building.

I doubt BW will show up now, especially with the movie, gough and millar said that guy in season 3 was there attempt at him, because they coulnt get the rights to BW.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭pokermonkey

can we all pause for a minutr and have a sigh for lana!

shotgun!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Thay seem to be showing the latest series in rte2 at 10.30am as part of The Den! - There's was a shower love scene on yesterday, just the thing for the kiddies after their breakfast.
    It's the series where Clark is in his last year of high school. I don't have E4 or C4 so I'm relying on them showing the series at the normal time again (Ithink it used to be on at 9pm or so). Anyone know anything about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

Rte 2 strike again series 4 being shown at 10.30 they haven't even sold advertising for it they've got ads for Cyborg009 and some other cartoon and this has an established fan base.

Why treat programs that you've clearly paid a lot of money for like this.

It hurts me deeply that they're showing repeats of sabrina at half five when they could show this instead.

Yeah they had plenty of trailers for the last series and hyped it up so i don't undersatnd why they just quietly showed this one after the "kids summer hols film" every morning :confused: I emailed them today - hopefully it will be shown again in a different timeslot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Why treat programs that you've clearly paid a lot of money for like this.

I am not sure that they do/did pay a lot for the program. The distributors have a sliding scale depending on the demand in the local country. If TV3 had no interest in it RTE could get a good price. Due to the demographics and access to UK TV stations they are full aware that such a show is not worth that much to RTE so sell it cheap. RTE do some weird schedules with sci-fi type series like show them really early or really late.

I emailed RTE:
    I happened across this being shown at 10.30am as part of The Den - definitely not suitable viewing for children.
    Besides that, the last 3 series were all shown late evening, 9pm I believe.
    Will this series be starting again at a more suitable time?

They replied :

Thank you for your e-mail, which has been logged and
    will be circulated to senior management.
    With regards to an update on current or future plans
    for Smallville, series 4 began on Monday 27 June on RTÉ
    2 at 10.40am, and broadcasts Monday to Friday.

Your comment is appreciated, and is important to the
    production process. You were not alone in your comment.

Kind Regards

Brigitte (Murphy)
    RTÉ Communications

it is funny for a show thats shown at 8 or 9 in the US.

whats funnier is that series 4 had a lot of complaints from parent groups complaining at the amount of sex and nudity in it compared to earlier seasons.

In all fairness, smallville has no where near as much sex/nudity (if bloody any at all) compared to other shows like it.

well season 4 kind of did...the ratings drop by 25%,so they decide to "spice it up",which then made it worse because they were focusing on it more than telling decent stories,and this year the ratings fell a further 20%.

I know, they did try to spice it up too much, but even so, it being dubbed sexville is a little over the top.

From seasons 5 spoilers, it looks like its gonna be better though.

"Superman in training" was how the producers described S5

class sig BTW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

And I see that Buffy's Spike is joining the cast, which is no bad thing.

-Al- wrote:
    I know, they did try to spice it up too much, but even so, it being dubbed sexville is a little over the top.

From seasons 5 spoilers, it looks like its gonna be better though.

"Superman in training" was how the producers described S5

class sig BTW :D

lol...ye,love that quote,Adam West+Family Guy=Brilliant! :D

and ye the only reason I will be watching smallville next season is because the finale was good,I was just about to give up after what must have been the worst crap on tv for an entire season.

also James Marsters is joining the cast as has bene mentioned,and he was cool in Buffy and Angel,so that cant be a bad thing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

S5 has Brainiac, Aquaman and the Fortress of Solitude, which will apparently look very similar to the one in Superman returns next year.

It looks like season 5 could be good.

• Advertisement

OFDM wrote:
    S5 has Brainiac, Aquaman and the Fortress of Solitude, which will apparently look very similar to the one in Superman returns next year.

It looks like season 5 could be good.

it had better be,or thats it with this show for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

-Al- wrote:
    whats funnier is that series 4 had a lot of complaints from parent groups complaining at the amount of sex and nudity in it compared to earlier seasons.

And there probably would have been no complaints if they had kicked up the 'violence'.

I quite enjoy Smallville, the last season was a bit of a disappointment, so I hope this new season can kickstart it back to life.

It was a little dead, but there was some good episodes, and I liked how they had a little fun with it too, they didnt go too serious.

If season 5 can keep the momentum from the S4 finale, it would be good.

they said the 100th ep would be big too, so that will what 12, 13 episodes in.

Probably have him learning to fly or something.

Ageless...(where Lana and Clark become parents for a day),was,and I can safely say this,the WORST episode of a tv show I have ever seen! and I have seen a lot of crap.

oh joy, clark and lana date in S5, well it looked like all was on the up till that.

We need a puke smilie here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

What's James Marsters doing in the show? I didn't know he was planning to be in it. Interesting. I used to hate Smallville but I started watching Season 4 and i actually really enjoyed it, it's the kind of glossy, slick silly tv that Charmed wants to be but never pulls off. I love the new Lois too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

-Al- wrote:
    oh joy, clark and lana date in S5, well it looked like all was on the up till that.

We need a puke smilie here

Well it could be good if the relationshps pans out like it did in the comic books with:
    Lana pressures Clark to marry her. Clark refuses but tells her his secret and that he's leaving for Metropolis. Lex becomes wise that Lana knows Clark's secret so tortures her. Later in life Lana marries Pete Ross but Pete ends up becoming Lex's vice president.

What I really really hope is that Clark finally finds out that Chloe is wise to him. That got seriously annoying during Season 4. As ixoy says "Wow Clark, I think you're super. Man..."

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I personally can't wait for the new season. Last season ended on one hell of a cliffhanger. September 29th, I'll be on the phone to my US cousins demanding they send me a tape ASAP.

Also planned for season 5:
    Lana meets Kryptonians

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

What's James Marsters doing in the show? I didn't know he was planning to be in it. Interesting. I used to hate Smallville but I started watching Season 4 and i actually really enjoyed it, it's the kind of glossy, slick silly tv that Charmed wants to be but never pulls off. I love the new Lois too.

of all the seasons you thought 4 was good? ...each to his own...but can I ask how???? lol it was pure garbage,bad writing,bad acting,bad plot lines (witches!!) It started losing steam in season 3,Seasons 1 and 2 are when ti was good,I have em on dvd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

tvnutz wrote:
    Ageless...(where Lana and Clark become parents for a day),was,and I can safely say this,the WORST episode of a tv show I have ever seen! and I have seen a lot of crap.

Hell yes, the whole episode made me cringe, also the episode with Elisha returns was dire, infact 75% of the series was bar a few episodes like the one where they went to China and of course, the finale.
    They seriously need to sort stuff out for the next series, or I'm stopping with the show altogether.

Advertisement