Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ketchup.......a good alternitive to mustard??????

Options
  • 06-05-2005 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭

Now i know what your thinking. Ketchup simply isnt mustard. Whats this twat doing bringin up ketchup on a mustard forum??? However hear me through.

Lots of people just dont like mustard. THats pretty evident from some of the above posts. now i think these people need a good solid REALISTIC alternitive to mustard. I think Ketchup can fill this role.

Lets Look at the numbers
    0 THe amount of calories in ketchup...good for the health freaks around
    500 the size of many top class ketchup bottles
    4 the world record number of botttles drunk in 5 minutees by current world champion Yoris Benulzi
    7 The number of times ketchup has been a vital clue in solving a murder case
    365 the amount of days in the year for enjoying ketchup

I think the evidence is overwhelming.....lets all switch to ketchup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

padser wrote:
    Now i know what your thinking. Ketchup simply isnt mustard. Whats this twat doing bringin up ketchup on a mustard forum??? However hear me through.

Lots of people just dont like mustard. THats pretty evident from some of the above posts. now i think these people need a good solid REALISTIC alternitive to mustard. I think Ketchup can fill this role.

Lets Look at the numbers
    0 THe amount of calories in ketchup...good for the health freaks around
    500 the size of many top class ketchup bottles
    4 the world record number of botttles drunk in 5 minutees by current world champion Yoris Benulzi
    7 The number of times ketchup has been a vital clue in solving a murder case
    365 the amount of days in the year for enjoying ketchup

I think the evidence is overwhelming.....lets all switch to ketchup
    1. Ketchup is full of sugar - therefore it has calories.
    2. 500 is not a size. Its a number. You need some units in there.
    3. As for people not liking mustard, I'd surprised if any of these people had experienced the full range of the mustard universe. Its like saying I don't like sauce if I don't like ketchup (which is a subsection of sauces).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

bloody hell. your dead right about the calories. i take it all back. scrub ketchup. Ill post again when i get my thoughts together on soya sauce. the new alternitive ketchup to mustard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

ó F&#237 wrote: »

so
    tempted
    to
    ban
    your
    ass
    for
    evar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Huzzah, another mustard haiku!

Lovely mustard sauce,
    I am honoured you visit
    My humble tastebuds.

• Advertisement

that brought a tear to my eye sarky

And another, just for you :)

Possible P.I.?
    Mustard should not be smeared there;
    It is for foodstuffs.

I'm truly honoured

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you could get two of those fa(s)t food joint sachets with like mustard in one and ketchup in the other and mix them together to get a new substance either mustchup or ketchstard. This new cullinary delicacy (ok you'd have to use real ingrediants) could be infiltrated into bottles of ketchup gradually over time to convert non-believers..

I do believe such a product is already on sale. At least, it used to be. It wasn't very tasty so it could have been axed for all I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,947 ✭✭✭✭Stark

padser wrote:
    Ill post again when i get my thoughts together on soya sauce.

Also loaded with sugar.

You want wholegrain mustard, mmmm.

Mustard or ketchup?
    How may one decide? Simple-
    Man's soul is wholegrain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

has anyone explored the possibilities of chilli sauce? red like ketchup hot like mustard! infact i would go as far as to say lakeshore chilli sauce is better than both mustard and ketchup combined

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

You speak of real man?

Tabasco sauce.
    That said, i really want to begin exploring this mustard thing, had with ham which was good.

/Checks fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

oh yeah! forgot about tabasco, yeah nice and tangy blows the mouth off ya, lovely stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

ó F&#237 wrote: »

Oh god yes, BBQ Sauce is just so damn good, although Ketchup has it's moments.

I really don't like mustard, although I have tried it many times! I wish I did, so I could contribute more to this forum! :p

Can anyone explain how an earth mustard got its own forum??

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

you could get two of those fa(s)t food joint sachets with like mustard in one and ketchup in the other and mix them together to get a new substance either mustchup or ketchstard. This new cullinary delicacy (ok you'd have to use real ingrediants) could be infiltrated into bottles of ketchup gradually over time to convert non-believers..

Good idea, esp. for me when come in home drunk and want a sausage sambo with me tea. Too much effort going for the mustard and then the ketchup. It all together in one bottle, Brillant!!

Ketchup is soooo overrated. Mustard all the way. Ooh Mustard and Mayonaise. Yum yum!! :D

BBQ sauce?? too many nasty ones out there!! Ever try the one in McDonalds in America?? *shudder* YUK!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Can anyone explain how an earth mustard got its own forum??

Yeah i could but then i would have to kill you, as my answer would be rather unpopular! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭gregos

I went into the market this morning expecting to have my usual crepe for breakfast. Why were they not there? A dark matter for another time, perhaps, and something not best spoken of here. Nevertheless, it caused me to look elsewhere and I had instead a hot dog with French's mustard, which I have to tell you was damn good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

HP cant beat it

Advertisement