Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multimeter with remote display

Options
  • 05-05-2005 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the best place to post.. Mods feel free to move if you think its better suited else where....
    I am wondering if it is possible to get a multimeter that would have a remote display? ie. You could connect the meter & leads at on end of a cable carry the display with you & be monitoring the results while at some other point along the cable.. Would be useful for fault finding & a second man is not around.... Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Never seen one in the catalogues, but really all you need is an extra tested cable to extend your leads, messy I know, but if you're on you're own, make do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

beller b wrote:
    Not sure if this is the best place to post.. Mods feel free to move if you think its better suited else where....
    I am wondering if it is possible to get a multimeter that would have a remote display? ie. You could connect the meter & leads at on end of a cable carry the display with you & be monitoring the results while at some other point along the cable.. Would be useful for fault finding & a second man is not around.... Anyone any ideas?
    I just run long wires attached to the end of the leads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

I know I do that , fine for your average 3 bed but on larger jobs or offices it a pain.. Its an obvious on for any of the manufactures like Fluke!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ytrewq

Some multimeters come witht the GPIB standard built in which is used to remotely control Multimeters, power supplies oscilloscopes and so fourth.
    An arrangement could be set up to interace the multimeter with a laptop or something similar and transmit the test data wirelessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

still a lot of hassle. I cant belive there is not something out there... Surly it would not be that expensive all you're transmitting is the display

• Advertisement
Advertisement