Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mac mini question

Options
  • 05-05-2005 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

hey peps iv had my mac mini sitting in a box the last couple of months because i have no wireless network card for it..

im just woundering if anyones knows if i can get away with using a normal usb network dongle. or do i need a airport express???

i have a belkin wireless router.. will this be a problem?

im a pc man.. so im new to the mac world :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Why do you need a network connection for it to work?
    (Mac n00b to)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

the mini does not have built in wifi so i need a card!

im wounderin if it will only work with the airport extreme or could i use a regular usb wireless dongle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

could always flog it here and buy something else. the mac range arent really too upgradeable without paying crazy inflated prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

dont mind lomb! but as far as i know yeh u need the airport card, theres no 3rd party usb thingys that work with airport software afaik.

Advertisement